Import Anime Forums

Full Version: mame question for all you mamers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i've been playing a handful of arcade games but i came across primal rage2 figured i'd play that loved the first one anyway i downloaded that but its a chd file i had no idea if it was for a mame or what but my emulator which is mame32k the latest version can't read it am i using the wrong emulator or what
I'm preaty sure there is a Mame 16 as well... (made by the same people who made 32...) you might want to try that... you can also get gui-s that run both out of the same program...
Quote:Originally posted by animeapp
I'm preaty sure there is a Mame 16 as well... (made by the same people who made 32...) you might want to try that... you can also get gui-s that run both out of the same program...

well i tryed getting just mame32 without the kaleira addon and what not and it says when i highlight primal rage 2 in the game list it says it isn't even working with the newest version of mame so i guess i got a crappy rom anyways what my question is now what is a chd file i always see these arcade roms in zip files is chd a compression prog like winzip or something
I got mine to work but the damn thing runs real slow. You may have to download extra files for your mame, I'm not quite sure what exactly its been a long time since I've messed with it.
The idea's I have are how much available RAM do you have and what type graphics card do you have. I had had trouble with a few Neo Geo Roms in the past. But also check some other Roms from where you got this one to see if they work or not.