Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anybody have suggestion to pick up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have really taken a liking to some of the more in dept or darker anime series that have come out. Series Experiment Lain has to be my fav at the moment. Since Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin are not out as far as I know in a Perfect Collection in English currently you guys have any suggestions you think I might go for

Another good one is Gantz. I'm not sure whether or not the MI Release is out yet, but the series is pretty dark. I'd suggest downloading it and waiting awhile for the R2 rips or if your patient enough, R1 rips are out (it got liscensed recently).
maybe check out Key The Metal Idol aswell as BoogiePop
For Gantz, I would much recommend people read the manga rather than watch the anime. Much was omitted from the anime due to censorship issues, as the manga is pretty graphic at times.
Another one I have recently had the oppertunity to watch the first 18 episodes of is Full Metal Alcamist I like what I have seen of it so far
Berserk.
Paranoia Agent is pretty dark, but an excellent series. I would also recommend Haibane Renmei because it's from the same guys that made Lain =). It's slow but very metaphorical and "in depth."
You could also try Soultaker, although the art style might turn off some viewers. They use a lot of black and hard lines with liberal use of primary colors.
I have seen alittle of Soul Taker didn't get a good or bad vibe from the series

I am about 6 episodes into Blue Gender right now. It is pretty good

i would agree that boogie pop phantom has to be one of the darkests animes i've watched(it took a couple viewings before i figured out the story). i liked soul takers animation, i usually prefer something different from the norm. eg. kai doh maru. the first episode from Memories is pretty dark. Pet Shop of Horrors is a good one to pick up. I didn't think hellsing was too dark, it's just a vampire anime. Blue Gender took a long time to take off, it took me 3 months to watch it. beserk became very dark over the 25 episodes, i liked the progression of the series.
I picked up Kah Doh Maru about a month ago I love the artwork style they use

the story for kai doh maru is pretty weak, but i did like I.G.'s use of animation for it. they did the same thing for Blood: the last vampire. great animation, but a very weak story line, the manga is pretty good for it though(I am biased though, because i like story lines dealing with vampires).
Pages: 1 2 3