Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Whats your fav anime story type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wanted to check what anime type everyone takes a liking to the most. Are you a Cowboy, Space Pirate, Ditective, or even a Vespa Riding Weirdo lover post away
I like a good mix of action and comedy, like Bebop or Kenshin. Or even Ranma or You're Under Arrest. If you look at my DVD's, you won't see very much 'serious' stuff in there.
A couple titles that surprised me that I only picked up because they were cheap but I ended up likeing were
Elysium
Kah doh Maru
Grave of the Fireflies

and I did pick up 2 of the Urotsukidoji movies other then the over the top Adult stuff they are not to bad
I like dark/deep anime, tragedies, fantasy/comedy/action. Usually it's the dark/deep ones which motivate me to watch or finish them. They are the ones I watch first.

Comedies/actions, I buy them but it will take me at least a mth or 2 to even open the shrinkwraps.
You should add romance to the list! I love romcoms! Maison Ikkoku is THE best anime ever in my eyes... That got me started on the whole romantic comedy thing but nothings ever quite lived up to MI.
The only reason I didn't list romance in the poll is I felt romance is can be a sub catagory to every one of the ones I listed. Plus I lister other in the poll if it really is an other type anime

i usually won't watch multiple serious animes in a row, i like to mix it up a bit. after i watched berserk, i watch flcl again. needed the change up. oh yeah, berserk gave me no closure to the story line. i want a second season, i liked it too much not too know what will happen between guts and griffith.
I have stared to do it myself recently since I really have all the titles I wanted for my core collection I am looking over the sales part of the site and I am taking a chance on titles to see if I will like them. Pick up 4-5 of the 7$ titles on the site and you will have something to do for a weekend at a pretty cheep price

Quote:Originally posted by israfel
i enjoy all sorts of anime, there is actually none that i prefer over the others.
i usually won't watch multiple serious animes in a row, i like to mix it up a bit. after i watched berserk, i watch flcl again. needed the change up. oh yeah, berserk gave me no closure to the story line. i want a second season, i liked it too much not too know what will happen between guts and griffith.

I've been keeping up with the fan translated manga, and the manga isn't even that far yet... actually nm has really happened in the manga thus far... new charecters are introduced... and griffith comes back to the real world... out of that demon world he was in... despite the huge number of manga that have come out since the original set that represents the tv series.... mostly alot of side stories... and such.... (I know that's giving some plot... but it really doesn't spoil anything... ) :o
I like to have a mix, but if I had to choose one genre it would be drama.

Quote:I've been keeping up with the fan translated manga, and the manga isn't even that far yet... actually nm has really happened in the manga thus far... new charecters are introduced... and griffith comes back to the real world... out of that demon world he was in... despite the huge number of manga that have come out since the original set that represents the tv series.... mostly alot of side stories... and such.... (I know that's giving some plot... but it really doesn't spoil anything... )

How could you say that not much has happened? So many things have happened since the eclipse.
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
I like to have a mix, but if I had to choose one genre it would be drama.

How could you say that not much has happened? So many things have happened since the eclipse. [/B]

in regard to the main griffith/guts plot obviously. I mean thqt new armor is freaking cool... but in relation to the direct plot coming the story presented in the anime nm has happened... and if they wanted to do up to a completion of a second season that would continue the same story at least to some new sort of climactic point.. they don't really have the material yet... I suppose they could do a second third and fourth season... but that's not that likely....the series isn't THAT popular in japan... I guess it could pull a big O... o wait it isn't on cartoon network...
Well Berserk has really started to finally pick up some pace in the newer Vols! But its far from over my guess is that its gonna take at least 5 more years if not 8 to finally be Over!
and when that day arrives i will be both Sad and Happy!
coz its like 2 Vols every year and has been goin on since 1989, thank god for the chapter episodes, only thing that keep me goin Berserk in anticipation!
I am pretty much into whatever, but my faves are the more serious stuff like Berserk and X and what have you.
Yeah I do have my fav type of anime. More recently in the last year I started when I get anime I buy in bulk so to speak I will get 3-5 titles in a sit in even if I only know one of them it gives me a chance to sample many diffent types of stories, artwork ect. Thats how I found Series Experiment Lain. I liked the box art and heard rumors about the series so I went out and got it and it has turned into one of my fav's overal