Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Which was Worse???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think they are close to a tie but ep 2 had worse dialogue. So for me episode 2 is the worse.
epiosde 2.

The ultimate bad guy Darth Vader was nothing but a little whiny bitch.
I found Anakin worse than whiney. 'Horney with raging hormones' would probably be a better phrase to describe him.
I have to go with Episode 1. In Episode two we don't have to listen to JarJar anymore. Also, it has Yoda with a lightsaber. Episode 2 was worth making if for no other reason than Yoda with a lightsaber.
Episode 2. Complete and utter wretchedness.
Am I the only person in the world that enjoyed both of these movies?

I don't think either one is Oscar material but they were both fun rides that had down sides.

Yes, Jar Jar was annoying. There's no getting around that.
Then the dialogue for Episode II was taken straight from a teen romance novel with the wooden acting of an after school special.

But the first one had chariot racing!! That was awesome.
Episode two had some of the coolest fight scenes ever done in any movie.

For me, the positives just barely outweight the negatives. I'm sure that if I wanted both movies to suck hard that I could focus all my energy on their flaws but I wanted light entertainment and I got it. These movies are just big shiney amusement park rides. They were not intended to expand your horizons. They are just supposed to entertain for a little while.

I heard that there is a version of Episode I out there that some theatre student edited without all the Jar Jar stupidity in it. Word on the street is that is a great movie.... Hrm... maybe I'll do a search and see if I can find it in a torrent...

I look forward to seeing episode three just so I can see a whole can of Jedi Whoopass unleashed and Emperor Palpatine take the throne. The only thing that will piss me off entirely is if Episode III pulls off a happy ending. It needs to have the death of Darth Vader, Princess Amidala pregnent out of wedlock, Senator Palpatine ascending to Emperor, and the death of lots and lots of Jedis. More than likely, the movie will be cheesy as all hell but I'm willing to sit through it just to see those whopping HUGE fight scenes.
They were both Bollocks (good ol' British Phrase there)

the only thing that i found remotely entertaining is seeing Yoda aka Miss Piggy finally goin at it Frog hoppin Jedi style whooping!
Cool moments in the last two movies:
The big ass speeder race.
Darth Maul vs. Anakin and Kenobi.
Watching Jar Jar's family play whack a mole with an army of robots.
The big chase scene at the beginning of EII
Yoda the ass kicker.
Jedi's vs. clone troopers and big ass animals.
The cloners (why doesn't anyone else remember how cool they were).
Amidala in EI before her writing was taken over by Harlequin junior.
Samuel Jackson as a Jedi. I hope we get to watch him in action in EIII.

I bet with some creative editing, the first two movies could be edited down to one pretty good damn movie. Be gone with the teen angst and the thinly veiled racism of Jar Jar and tighten up the action and you've got something that most people will enjoy watching.

I keep my mental editors running during the movies to filter out all the drivel.
Episode 1 at least had a pretty cool villian, episode 2 had a James Bond villian. Not even The Yoda fight made up for the rest of the boring movie.
They were both watchable at best, but about the dialogue, the worst diologue ive heard was off of "the Day After Tommorow", it totally sucked.
Hey I feel they were just good enough to be Star Wars movies, but what about the cartoon series the Clone Wars... I think that is the bigest disapointment of all
I love a good Sci Fi when they come out but Jar Jar ruined Episode 1 for me. The whole first movie I was hoping something would eat him or kill him not the same kind of funny that C-3PO did in the earlier films

I pity the kids of today who are fans of "Star Wars". They know nothing of Star Wars.

As far as the prequel, I'm standing with: episode one was far worse than episode two. I look back and think that episode one was an embarassment and a waste of time. At least the events of episode two were mentioned in the orignal trilogy which is way more than episode one can boast.

Looking forward to the release of the original on DVD (September 21, same day Evangelion Platinum Vol. 2 is released).

And as for the third installment Revenge of the Sith... mehh, they better make it the best (of the prequels) because it is the bridge to the original.
Even when I think of it I am 28 I just old enough where I got to see Return of the Jedi in theater and even with almost 20 years of film tech advancement the originals were better
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
Looking forward to the release of the original on DVD (September 21

I got my bootleg trilogy today! Im still going to get the official one though but there is no way I wasnt going to have the original unedited versions on dvd! I dont really like the special edition versions of the originals... Thats kinda why I dont really like the prequels as its just not star wars to me... They dont have the same 'feel' the originals do...
Pages: 1 2