Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Robotech Remastered / Macross TV FX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

Has anyone seen the Robotech Remastered DVDs?
I'm considering them because they have a Spanish dub, but I was also wondering about the video and the audio. I've also read that they added more scenes that were cut from Macross.
Any opinions?

I'm also considering the Macross TV FX set. Does anybody know where it was ripped from?, or is it their own work?. How good are the subs?

Thanks.
Most probably AnimeIgo R1 set. MAC also has a rip of their own.

Does anyone know if the FX set has openings for every episode. They used seamless branching for the openings in the R1 set . It was only encoded once on the DVD and was programmed to play before each episode and from what I read MAC screwed up the ripping and the opening is only played at the of the DVD?
I would recommend the MAC version, since FX releases have recently become very unreliable for pixelation-free video performance. I never noticed any missing subs for the MAC versions.

Regarding the opening for the FX version, I would think they fixed the problem that MAC had, but that never bothered me to begin with. If anything, I think more series should have that, since I usually only watch the OP and ED during the first episode.

If you want the ultimate MACROSS experience, stay FAR AWAY from the Robotech DVDs. Harmony Gold practically butchered Macross' story and footage, and no amount of extra clips can make it better.

Also, the MAC and FX versions are both Animeigo rips. The Animeigo footage in general was taken from a better preserved source than the Robotech ones, and were digitally restored and remastered to appear more crisp and vibrant. You won't find any of that in the Robotech DVDs. Besides Minmay sounds so much better in Macross than Minmei in Robotech.
The R1s were all on DVD-5s so it is possible to fit it all on 5 DVD-9s without compressing the video. I would still for a reliable reviewer to review the set first before picking up the Fx set.