Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Final Fantasy GameCube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I guess we disagree on that one, I am a big RPG nut and so far their has been only 3 good RPGs for GameCube and Zelda has not been one of them --- Skies Of Arcadia Legends, Phantasy Star Online and Tales of Synphonia

Well I guess we disagree on that one, I am a big RPG nut and so far their has been only 3 good RPGs for GameCube and Zelda has not been one of them --- Skies Of Arcadia Legends, Phantasy Star Online and Tales of Synphonia

I dont think Zelda its an RPG (at least the latest ones), they're more of an action-adventure type. Also I beat Tales of Symphonia a cpuple of days ago and I love it from start to finish.

And as for FF7, its my fav. FF game along with 9 and tactics of PSone, and i think that it made a huge influence in terms of detailed graphics for RPGs .
I understand what you say about FF7, but it wasent a Gamecube title. My full post only was refering to Gamcube titles in the 3 I listed

I understand what you say about FF7, but it wasent a Gamecube title. My full post only was refering to Gamcube titles in the 3 I listed

I know, I didnt split up, the qoutes, the thing with Zelda was for you and the FF7 thing was for someone before you i think it was for evilomar.
OK, that is why it didn't make sense what you had typed

Does anybody else think that the FF chain is past due to close up shop and Sqaure/Enix moves on to new original matterial?

Heretic!!
ff:cc wasn't even developed by square/enix just published, hense the lack of ff rpg feel. i'm looking foward to final fantasy 12, i like that it is being done by the production team that does the tactics series. the game takes place in the tatics world also.
Well I only say that about the FF series, because everything get old over time I still remember when people said computer RPGs would never do better then the dice and paper RPGs

The last paper RPG action I had was Shadowrun and Cyberpunk. I always wish they would of done more with the two.Do a Sci Fi network series or even a newer version of the two video games that game out in the early 90s

Aside from anime, I see video games as another Japanese medium of art, which is the wide opinion of the Japanese video game industry. Video games make for great canvases to showcase the best of both art and music. That's why many people buy OST's (soundtracks) of video game music, cause developers just put that much more effort into ensuring the music is damn good.
you can really tell the money put into a game when you have hollywood talent used for modeling Charlie Sheen/ Half Life to Big time Music preformers letting their music be used I hear BT and fatboy slim had a song or two used aon a game recently

you can really tell the money put into a game when you have hollywood talent used for modeling Charlie Sheen/ Half Life to Big time Music preformers letting their music be used I hear BT and fatboy slim had a song or two used aon a game recently
I don't find that to be the right places to put money into. Why not use the huge amount of money spent to license those song tracks, and get someone to compose songs made specially for the game? To me, that shows a lot more commitment, than just getting some artists to let you use music from their singles or albums. Now, if you get an artist to perform a musical piece made specially FOR the game, now that's different.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily apply to all genres of games. I imagine with sports games and American titles, players would WANT familiar songs and artists. But with other games such as RPGs, fighting games, or action games (eg: MGS), I want a quality musical score and a theme song unique to the title.
i prefer DND but i have played some Big Eyes Small Mouth, and rifts.
On the music think David Bowie did an entirely original song with trent reznor for the old 3DO game Hell and BT has helped compose songs seperate from his albums. He worked with Peter Gabriel to make the song for the Myst sequel game that came out earlier this year.