Import Anime Forums

Full Version: X-treme Wierdness, FX logo on Mac Box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sup guys, I receive today an order wich include Now & Then Here & There (MAC) as shown on the store, the box set is littlejust like MAC, the disc holders inside are just like Mac, a 13 eps series on 3 disc just like Mac and the thing to secure the box set so it doesnt open (cover) is just like MAC, BUTTTTT on the back of the box set it has the FX logo (a perfect FX logo unmistacable), I'm a 100% sure that the title is from MAC but whats up with that, it couldnt be a rip from FX because I havent seen N&TH&T release by FX, and other rip titles from other companies dont have the other logo, the closest you can get is the MI logo on a AV set or another company because of the green M on the screen.

The question here is not to which company the does it belong, the Q here is:

Why is there an FX logo on a MAC box set?

(Maybe this has been dicuss before so feel free to delete this, of corse after you asnwer my question, lol)
Im sure there was another thread like this but it said that MAC just did thats so people would buy it but that it is MAC... I havent got it though but ive heard its ment to be really good and they should claim praise for it...
I dont think mac has any problem with people not buying their dvds, and since FX doesnt have a N&TH&T set I dont think thats the reason, but if you say so...
At that time the Mac line was relatively new and animegod was still largely associated with the Anime Studio releases. FX on the other hand did a few relatively good (for that time) R1 rips and there was a huge buzz about FX releases. Being bootleggers, Mac wasn't at all shy about bootlegging a bootleg brand and slapping it on their own sets.