Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What's your Fav Dub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Originally posted by Cidien

Kenshin
Irresponsible Captain tylor (the captains voice could not have been done better)

That would be Crispin Freeman. AKA Zelgadis, Alucard, Tsume from Wolf's Rain, Hibiki Amawa from Strawberry Eggs, and god knows what else he's done.
i really enjoy crispin freeman's VA along with steven blum's a.k.a David lucas
If he's the voice actor for Alucard as well then he has to be one of the most talented voice actors i've ever heard.
My favorite english voice actors are Ruby Marlowe (Lain/Serial Experiments: Lain, Mahoro/Mahoromatic , Shinobu/Love Hina) and Laura Bailey (Tohru Honda/Fruits Basket, Marlene Angel/Blue Gender). Although Ruby Marlowe's characters always sound the same. Laura Bailey is pretty talented at voice acting and singing too.
Wow, I can never remember the names of any of the VA's. How do you guys do it:confused:
Mine would be Hilary Haag. Big Grin
after watching enough anime you begin to hear the same voices, i used imdb and found out what thier names were and then watched other animes that they were featured in. steven blum is one of the biggest VA's out there and very talented. ala spike spiegal.
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
after watching enough anime you begin to hear the same voices, i used imdb and found out what thier names were and then watched other animes that they were featured in. steven blum is one of the biggest VA's out there and very talented. ala spike spiegal.

I havn't learned any names except for dbz english voice actors. (used to be a HUGE dbz fan so I know a lot about that lol) However, I do know what you are talking about. There have been times when i've thought it was the same person and I check and it turns out they are. Happens quite a bit.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Mine would be Hilary Haag. Big Grin

Hilary Haag was the voice for Menchi in Excel Saga if I remember correctly. I remembered her from doing Chole in Noir and Karinka in Steel Angel Kurumi and started laughing as I watched the credits for Excel Saga.

As for remembering names... usually I can tell if I've heard a V.A. before (with Ruby Marlowe it's pretty easy since all three character's sound the same). I like watching the end credits all the way through a series (I'm weird) so I'll remember certain names that I've seen before.
I know alot of the names. I could probably tell you who stars in each series, especially the ADV ones. I'm such an ADV junkie. Do you want to guess which company Hilary works for. :o
I hate Hillary with that annoying childish voice of her. She has secondary role for now (that's good cause I don't want to hear her anymore) :-)

Best Dub:

Zone Of The Enders
Devil Lady
Blue Gender
Fushigi Yuugi was awesome, slayers(TV series) did well too. The best though is techi Universe, cause Ayeka is done best.
Wow I can't believe I forgot about Tenchi Universe. Besides Outlaw Star it's the only anime I acually own.

BTW: Mando X, What part of Florida are you from? I live in orlando. Just wondering. Good thing we got another CRACKER on the board:p
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
i really enjoy crispin freeman's VA along with steven blum's a.k.a David lucas

Crispin Freeman is hands-down my favorite VA, for the following reasons, in a particular order... Wink

Reason #1 - Straight Cougar (sCRYed)
Reason #2 - Alucard (Hellsing)
Reason #3 - Zelgadis (Slayers)
Reason #4 - Straight Cougar
Reason #5 - Saotome slash The Manticore (BoogiePop Phantom)
Reason #6 - Straight Cougar
Reason #7 - Tsume (Wolf's Rain)
Reasons #8-100 - Straight Cougar

Can you tell I enjoy the Straight Cougar? Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by r00ster
Crispin Freeman is hands-down my favorite VA, for the following reasons, in a particular order... Wink

Reason #1 - Straight Cougar (sCRYed)
Reason #2 - Alucard (Hellsing)
Reason #3 - Zelgadis (Slayers)
Reason #4 - Straight Cougar
Reason #5 - Saotome slash The Manticore (BoogiePop Phantom)
Reason #6 - Straight Cougar
Reason #7 - Tsume (Wolf's Rain)
Reasons #8-100 - Straight Cougar

Can you tell I enjoy the Straight Cougar? Tongue

He played Straight Cougar huh?

Well then all I have to say about r00sters evaluation is damn right. Can't believe I forgot about s-CRY-ed when doing my list. Would have put it up there.
Pages: 1 2 3