Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Any suggestions for a RPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I will be the first to admit the Gamecube is a bust when it comes to RPG's But I was wondering what do you all think is the best overal playability and graphics of the Online multi player RPGs I have been shopping around some and all my friends are big Blizzard fans so I always get Warcraft as an awnser. Are they Off?
umm get tales of symphonia for the game cube one of the best rpg's i have played yet. 2 disc's and full of anime cut scenes.
yep that game is really good and also i dont know if its a rpg but phantasy star is really good
Phantasy Star is ok....I suppose that's all you really can get if you're a Gamecube fan. And Tales of Symphonia suffers from the same problems as all the other Tales games, including bland gameplay, lame music (Sakuraba-san must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed), and a very typical and cliched plot.

Boy, did you choose the wrong system or what?! Big Grin Time to get a PS2.
I might just dive back into the emulators again. I loved the old RPGs like Crono Triger, Lufia II and the dragon warrior titles. Even with all the new graphics most of the new RPGs just don't do it for me
Say what you want, but at least with a PS2, you're also able to play PS1 RPGs, which as Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Legend of Mana, Suikoden II, or Chrono Cross. You pretty much have the entire PSX RPG library available to you, which you can play next to flawlessly with graphical and loading enhancements, which beats an emulator any day.

It'll also allow you to play PS2 RPG titles such as Disgaea, Xenosaga Ep. 1 (with ep.2 on the way), Suikoden III and IV (on the way), Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (out by the end of the month), and Phantom Brave (end of the month), to name a few.

If you're an RPG fan to start with, why DID you get a Gamecube?

My Fave RPG of all time is Phantasy Star 4 End of the Millenium for Seaga Gen. Chrono Trigger is sweet too but I just love PS4.
i hate gamecube i dont play mine except for super smash bros melee when i have friends over i like playstation for the rpgs. i have about a hundred
I've heard Skies of Arcadia Legends is a good RPG for GC. I have it right now, I just haven't had the time to get to it yet.

Also, as Robojack said, if you're an RPG fan you NEED a PS2.
Skies of Arcadia Ledgend I have also for the Gamecube my only complaint is when GC retooled it when they got it from dreamcast I would of loved to see full speach instead of the little here and their they do. Oh yeah you will love the later cinimatics and the ending
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
My Fave RPG of all time is Phantasy Star 4 End of the Millenium for Seaga Gen. Chrono Trigger is sweet too but I just love PS4.

PS4 was one of the best RPGs I have ever played. It was so sad when alice dies '-.-

Have you tried the New Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? I heard it was good. You should definitely try it if you have a GC.
I don't play any multi player RPGs except for online PC ones, thats why my overal experience with Crystal Cronicals was that it was not an enjoyable RPG for me
Quote:Originally posted by meoryo
PS4 was one of the best RPGs I have ever played. It was so sad when alice dies '-.-

Damn, I remember that was the only game I have ever payed over $100 for when it came out in 1996
100$ now I remember why I never played it when it first came out
If you want an RPG with a massive story line and original game play then you'd love Xenogears. There's also Valkyrie Profile for the PS1, which is based on Norse Mythology. Castlevania, which is sort of an RPG, has some good titles for GBA and of course Symphony of the Night. If you like strategy games, try Tactics Ogre: The Knight Of Lodis for GBA. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Pages: 1 2