Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any reason why it's so hard to find reboot dvd's and why there isn't even a HK reboot set made? I know it's not traditional anime but the series is awesome. Very hard to find the R1 dvd's and when you do they go for a lot of money. =/ Seems strange to me.
I've only seen the movies on sale around here. They still play it on YTV here in Canada (at least I think they do). I didn't really like ReBoot. I grew up disliking most Canadian cartoons and ReBoot was no exception. I didn't think they released all of ReBoot on DVD, but I might be mistaken.
Well... with the exception of season four, all of the Reboot discs are out of print (Check out Amazon with this link) and there haven't been any announcements of it being released again.

I don't have any data to back this up but I think Reboot may be even more of a niche market than anime is. This results in low sales which is why it's risky to print more... businesses don't typically like to lose money. This is probably why no HK companies have bothered ripping it either... not much demand. The funny thing is that this is exactly the type of situation that drives the collector market and makes some DVD crazy expensive.

There could be other licensing issues but I didn't turn up any information about that with my brief search.

If it's not licensing problems then I wouldn't be surprised to see a compilation boxed set released with a low price within the next two years. Other than that... the best you can do is wait or hit up comic conventions that allow shady video dealers... they can get just about anything you want for a good price.

**just a quick note here - the original sets of Reboot were released by ADV Films while the newest Reboot release is from Anchor Bay Entertainment. This makes it sound more like licensing issues than anything else at this time.**
Crap, the only I ended up buying like a year ago were on Ebay. And, those were like 20 bucks a season. BUT DAMN WELL WORTH IT. I love Reboot more than I love my kitty picture

http://arkaidr.250free.com/SamuraiKitty.jpg
It's extremely hard to find the earlier reboot releases. I can still find season 3 and 4 for really expensive prices though. I absolutely love reboot and really want it. If anyone has it i'd be willing to pay quite a bit.

While I do agree that there is probably a limited audience for reboot I can't see that as a reason to not make a hk set. There are a lot of animes they make sets of that I can't imagine sell very well, especially little known sets with jap audio with crappy subs. Unless it's something like ghost in the shell: sac I can't see them making more off those than a reboot release. Maybe i'm wrong. /shrug

Off to go search the far corners of the internet for copies... lol.
Found new info. =/

The first two seasons of ReBoot are not available on DVD at this time.

Note from Mainframe Entertainment Inc:

ReBoot seasons 1 & 2 are still tied up with Polygram & their library was recently was sold to Universal & MGM - the issue is a bit of a mess. We are sorting through it right now to see which entity has the library rights and whether they plan to do a release or not.

Only four episodes of ReBoot were available for purchase in North America (NTSC VHS format). They were released during the third quarter of 1995.

Re-tar-ded
Ok i found this one on Ebay:

FREE TURTLES

Hopefully, this is what you wanted. A boy without his Reboot is a Boy with sadnessWink
Ya I saw that, actually just sent him a question. I think they are only the discs and are kinda crappy quality rips as he states the quality as 8/10. I'd like to have a good quality HK or else the official R1 dvds. Looks like i'm gonna have to wait a while for season 1-2 if they ever release it. What a mess. Wish I had just taped it on CN a few years ago lol.
Ok, well than good luck (you'll need it). I'll PM you if I ever see anything.... Oh what the hell, have a kitty:

http://arkaidr.250free.com/SamuraiKitty.jpg