Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Does anyone remember this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mid to late 80s I lived in Seattle WA every morning around 5 or 6 in the morning on Fox there was a anime seriers that came on it was two guys and a girl I remember the one guy always had a cowboy hat on. They flew 3 space ships in some sort of space combat story line. For the life of me I can't remember the anime's name. Can anyone help?
Can't say I remember That but, of course I wasn't even born. Sounds familiar though. I thinkthe one I saw was just an American cartoon. Is there anything else you remember.
Well if it was an american cartoon it was done pretty close to what we all clasify as anime. The only other part of the show I remember was the characters were earth or an earth like planet based and the series climaxed with some sort of large scale war. Though I am not 100% if the three main charecters were some sort of law enforcement or bounty hunter sort
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
The only other part of the show I remember was the characters were earth or an earth like planet based and the series climaxed with some sort of large scale war.

Sorry can't say I remember a war in the one I'm thinking of.
Just a shot in the dark, did they have different colored metalic outfits? Perhaps it was Silver Hawks? One had a bird, the cowboy hat one had a guitar, the youngest one only whistled and chirped... and they had wings and could fly/glide without their space ships which came out of pods off of the front of the main ship which the Cowboy hat one piloted.
Well I went to a silverhawks fan site just to check if it was or was not the title I remembered not it. This title drawn much like the Gundam Seed anime same style and darkness to it
Well, it couldn't have been the same studio as SEED, since Sunrise hasn't been around that long. And wtf do you mean by 'darkness'? Gundam SEED wasn't very dark at all.

What's really funny is how abstract some people's eyes are when it comes to artwork. As a former artist, I am constantly baffled by my friend's comparison of one series to another in terms of apperance. Some people just don't have the eyes to make a proper comparison. Hell, some people can't even tell the visual difference between japanese anime and american cartoons.

Anyways, have no idea what series you're talking about. Best of luck. Big Grin
it was probaly some mech show probally gundam.
thats my guess.

or one of those adv titles the new old anime being brought back from the past. i dont like that old shit i think they shold let that stuff rest in peace.

-LE
To me I connect darker sometimes to a anime that is drawn much more realistic like it could really happen Gundam Seed, Blue Gender ex . Some anime that is done on s more lighter side have the brighter colors unrealistic plots that are pure fantasy or comical.
I think your talking about Battle of the Planets? It had characters that wore bird/hawk like costumes including the melmet that they wore. They glided and kick butt and their was some sort of war.
It sounds like Bravestar, but it wasn't anime, once again another American cartoon drawn by a japanese studio.
Bravestar doesn't fit the space combat requirement and Battle of the Planets does not fit the 2 guys & 1 girl requirement. The hardest part is this cowboy hat... If it wasn't for the 80s Gun Frontier might fit but every series i can think of lacks one of the requirements posted... :confused:
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
It sounds like Bravestar, but it wasn't anime, once again another American cartoon drawn by a japanese studio.

Bravestar was awesome! yeah mecha horses Wink
Well my only other guess is The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers. Thats it, that is all I can think of my brain is fried.
The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers might be it I can't be 100% because it was 1988-89 when I saw the one I am wondering about the memory seems to go first. I went to a fan sight to see if I could find any pics. Galaxy Rangers look to american drawn almost for what I remember but the one thing other then the three charecter I remember specificly was their ships looked an awful lot like the fighter planes in Macross