Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Mysterious Thief Saint Tail??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I asked JJ about this and asked if any HK company produced Mysterious Thief Saint Tail.... I have two fansubs of this anime on VHS so like 8 or 10 episodes and I know it has like 40 something eps. I believe it goes by the name "Saint Tail!" in the U.S.

Anyone know where or if they made a HK set?
I don't think they were ever on a HK set. I did a search on Ebay---> largest bootleg market, didn't find anything except for domestic dvds.
The search engines didn't have any HK sets on Saint Tail either.
Yea I know... I looked too and found out that TokyoPop produced them *let down* on R1's and they have 8 volumes. There is a total of 43 episodes like I thought.

I got eps 1-8 on a fansub trade with a guy a long time ago and was going to trade to get the rest but never did. The guy never answers emails or instant messages anymore so out of luck there. I don't really want it on VHS anyways.

But, yet cannot find it on HK anywhere... I wonder why this is??? The series is a good shoujo and I have no clue as to why they never bootlegged it.
I wonder quite often why they never sell some series on HK. =/ A dubbed Patlabor the tv series is a big one I can think of offhand. I wondered about gundam 0079 english dub until a few days ago when it finally came out. Oh well, already collecting the R1's... lol. So many more I could think of...
As I recall, the Gundam 0079 TV MAC set contains both english and japanese dubs.
I am not shelling out the big bucks for the 8 volumes of Saint Tail on R1, first off because it was put out by Tokyo Pop, and we all know how Initial D went with them. Sad :o
Apart from the ear-killing dub...Initial D is pretty good.
Saint Tail is in Japanese only, if I remember correctly so I don't think you'll have that much of a problem with the R1s.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Apart from the ear-killing dub...Initial D is pretty good.
Saint Tail is in Japanese only, if I remember correctly so I don't think you'll have that much of a problem with the R1s.

They even watered down the subs in Initial D... I dont think TP is that bad though I kinda like em...
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
As I recall, the Gundam 0079 TV MAC set contains both english and japanese dubs.

Was english sub only. Could have found that out in the time it took to post this lol.