Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Going to immigration office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week I stood on the immigration line trying to get my Philippines passport stamped so that I can have temporary work authorization. My roommate had lost all of my important documents (greencard, birthcertificate, passport, etc) when we moved houses. I got there at 9am and stood in line with 300 other people. I didn't even get in the building til noon. Then there was another line in the building. Stood in that for an hour and was given a number that they call so you can finally go up to a counter where they can talk to you. I left the place at 3pm!!! All to get my passport stamped! I am an idiot for losing all my crap! This whole process of getting everything back is costing me $600!

And then the guy at the counter tells me I also need to get fingerprints taken ($70) and that I had to come back there again to give him the photocopies of my fingerprints. I didn't really mind coming back since he said I can bypass the line, pretend I'm visiting the building and give it to one of the security people to give to him. So I do that.. And the freakin security guard told me I had to stand in line again with everyone else. I was trying to tell her what happened and she wouldn't listen to me. She said I had to come back the next day since they weren't taking people anymore. Then she says the guy I need to see is out to lunch. I told her I would wait for him outside the building and try to catch him to give my photocopies. I stood outside for his lunch hour - didn't see him. So I go back in the building and she LIES to me and says he already got back. She was just so unfair and really rude - So I made myself cry and then she threatened to call the cops. That's when I left. I was still crying cuz at this point I had pulled out a lot of waterworks and couldn't stop. And then I bumped into the guy I was looking for. He was just getting back from lunch and I gave him the photocopies.

Ahhh, I hate being an immigrant. Why did I have to lose all my stuff! They say I might not even get my replacement greencard til 2 years from now and that temporary stamp is only good for a year.. I pray I never have to go back to that place again and stand on line. I understand the security lady was just doing her job but she didn't have to be rude to me. She didn't have to lie just to get rid of me. It pisses me off when I was just following instructions - had a reason to do something - It would have only taken a second to give him the stupid photocopies - That lady had no heart - She deserved to be FAT and UGLY! No wonder she's so miserable at her job.
Quote:Originally posted by Nina182B
She deserved to be FAT and UGLY! No wonder she's so miserable at her job.

lmfo Big Grin

oh and poor nina dont worry!
I know how it is, sometimes you just want to kill someone, or mow down the line you're standing behind with a semi-automatic weapon, but then you must stop, think, & realize that is not the proper thing to do. Do on to others as you'd have them do onto you & when they don't return the kindness let Karma kick their a$s.
Nina Sorry to hear about the trouble you are going through to get this stuff done . Wish you the best of luck