Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gunbuster Availability?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I found a site listing Gunbuster as released on R1 DVD by Manga Entertainment, however, through searching the normal retail channels I've come up with nothing. Does this exist? How else can I get it?
I got it from my local library, it was on VHS tapes. I didnt like it, it was really boring.
There is a bootleg dvd and also the official uk region 2:

http://search.ebay.com/gunbuster_W0QQfromZR7
No R1 for one of the greatest Gainax series ever!!! No Giant Robo either. Damn Manga, they bought so many licenses that they probably don't know what they are sitting on.
There's a nice Korean version (official) of Giant Robo with English Dub and Subs Smile

Mac also ripped it
Yeah I saw that one on ebay and if Manga doesn't hurry I may just have to go that route. Its bad enough fans had to wait four years for the production company to shell out the last oav, now we have to wait on Manga to release the dvd here in the states.
If you follow the Ebay links, it looks like Sundevil has it. Since I'll never buy from that site again, time to figure out who else carries that DVD.
Actually the uk release of gunbuster is region free:
http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/Default.aspx...d=PAR61110

All you need to worry about is that it is pal format and usa is ntsc.
Avoid the R2 version by kinnex at all costs. They cut it to pieces and sourced it from VHS for gods sake.

Your best off finding the bootleg copy and finding some better subs to overlay if you can.
I loved Gunbuster, cant believe you would think its boring.... its pretty Epic if you ask me ;p
Gunbusters is a Classic love it
Since there so many Gunbuster fans here I'm telling you good news well kinda well Gainax announce that their doing a sequel to Gunbuster.

I've seen pics of it, it kinda looks like a mix of FLCL and Mahoromatic.:eek: If I fine a link to those pics I will post them here.
Ha! Found a link to those pics.

click on the character section to view the character designs done by Sadamoto who's done most of the character designs for other Gainax works plus the character designs for .hack anime and the games.

http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/top2/index.html
bah sequal looks kinda crappy... part 1 was all about science and humans... i dont like how they make main characters kiddy like, or wearing stupid outfits or that big guy there... wtf is that guy? on steroids...

total diviation from the original... dont like that
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
bah sequal looks kinda crappy... part 1 was all about science and humans... i dont like how they make main characters kiddy like, or wearing stupid outfits or that big guy there... wtf is that guy? on steroids...

total diviation from the original... dont like that

lol. Well I understand what your saying and your not alone on that opinion. Many people consider it as either good or bad news that this sequel is being made like that. The sequel will be like the first series it's going to be a 6 OAV episode series.
Pages: 1 2