Import Anime Forums

Full Version: I need a few suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, I've scraped up some money (or will have by a week 7 a half) & have decided I'll probably get 3 9 dollar dvds. I'm trying to order from just AS, or witch ever one it is with the little ying-yang, & I'm mainly looking for titles with an english dub.

I had decidied on what to get, but I'm not able to get them.

Amon Saga- It seems really interesting, & is most likely one of the ones I'll get.

Fatal Fury- Double Impact- i'm looking for a good fighting movie, and it seems promissing.

Blood Reign-Curse of The Yoma- My friend has seen this one subbed & told me it was great.

Ninja Resurrection- Dad won't let me get it :x .

Ninja Scroll- Dad won't let me get it :x .

Night Warriors OVA- Darkstalker Revenge- ?^.^? Beats me, just caught my eye for some reason.

Garzey's Wing- *shrugs* Wasn't it made by the same person as Gundam?
Ninja Scroll rocks Ninja Ressurection is so so... looks like the series had potential but it was canceled after 2 episodes ~_~

Night Stalkers AS dvd is OMEGA rip... R1 DVDs come in 2 dvds... ALPHA and OMEGA... and AS ripped OMEGA no alpha yet Sad
Come on is anyone going to comment? :?
That sucks that you're parents monitor things like that. I watched Reservoir Dogs when I was 15, and Boogie Nights and Howard Stern's Private Parts when I was 12 or so. With my parents.

I'd suggest Fatal Fury and Blood Reign Curse of the Yoma. Both rock. If you ae watching it in a family room Blood Reign isn't a great idea. It's pretty violent. I'd check it out anyways.

Others I would suggest would be Princess Mononoke (great to show your dad how good anime can be) and Cowboy Bebop. The FX set is very cheap, and excellent I finished it recently. Outlaw Star is tame enough for your parents to let you get and the show kicks though I only saw one episode on cartoon network.

Ranma 1/2 would be another show to check out. They have season 6 rips (only 9 episodes) and Season 1 and 2 completly ripped.
You can never go wrong with the Studio Ghibli collection. Some of the finest anime ever produced is included in that set.

There's also Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Outlaw Star from FX. Some of the best sets ever put out by anyone and they should be acceptable to all but the most strict parents.

Photon - The Idiot Saga (or adventure or whatever it is) is a great one disc title that is just lots of fun for everyone.

Initial D is a great series if you have even a passing interest in cars.

Metropolis is a stunning movie.

These are my suggestions for someone who has to deal with parental censorship
Good ones at that. Though Cowboy Bebop does get a little bloody and Faye's attire is a little revealing.

JEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ I forgot for romantic comedy (love comedy) yo have to get Maison Ikkoku. The series rocks. It's my all time favorite. The Show is extremely fun and the subs on the dvds are great. Though the VIZ dub is superior in some respects. Also besides some slight nudity it's good to go. ^_^[/siz]
My parents don't monitor what I watch, but I just don't want to go against their word They don't care about violent stuff (I mean hell they let me listen to The Misfits), just the rape parts of thosse two movies aren't really something for them to find out about. As for Princess Mononoke, it was the first anime dvd I owned (my hk order of VHD:BL & FF:U vol1 wasn't in & I bought Princess Mononoke at best buy). And dad just kept calling San a lesbion (heysi) :roll: . As for Fatal Fury I hear there's one shower scene, but sssshhhhhh. What they don't know can't hurt them! :wink:

So I guess it's settled, i'll go with Fatal Fury, Blood Region, & Amon Saga! Yay! Glad that's over, now i just have to request a copy of Amon Saga, & prey it's back in stock soon.
So your dad called you a lesbian? Heh heh
LOL. San, not son! He said he could tell by her haircut. He just likes to pess (mis spell intended) me off when it comes to anime.
yea my dad picks on anime too. He thinks it is for children and anything animated is for thumb sucking babies......... jeez what a tard. 8O
My parents were always cool with anime. My mom watched Grave of the Fire Flies with me. Not to mention my dad watched the first 10 minutes of Princess Mononoke when I got it. He wanted to watch more but was busy doing work. My parents were always cool with anime. They never minded when I bought a lot of shit. ^_^
My dad will sit there & watch anime & then tell me he wasn't. Yeah, just like the time he was playing Castlevania (don't remeber the number). He got to the second stage....testing the sound (it was a rom, & I was getting him to set the config to it's best).
Good ol'parent's. Gotta love it!!!! ^_^
My parents are "cool" & everything, although we're not that close of family Dad keepss trying to get me to like cars, & trucks (I still want to drive a mobile suit to school, hell maybe I'll park it onto of the people I hate). But, I wish my parents liked anime, or were more like the parents from the song Whats the Matter with Parents Today by NoFx.
I never got into cars either. Though I followed in my dads steps and played ball for school. Also I'm a drummer like him. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5