Import Anime Forums

Full Version: which do u prefer manga or anime dvds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i like the dvds and stuff way more.what about u?
Manga!

If it was a Manga First it will be better.

Look at AKIRA. The movie is solid gold to me and I saw it before reading the Manga...the manga puts it to shame.

Same with Berserk. Saw the show...which is the best anime EVER! Then later found the scans of the manga...SO MUCH BETTER.

Same with DBZ and Ranma...Manga = BETTER!Wink
As far as the story usually the manga, but damn I love animation so its almost not fair to compare the two. Its just two separate pieces of art.
Id have to agree with Dark, manga usually just has more. Most animes are cut up to be shown on tv.

It just depends on my mood.
ok, this is off topic, but, well not really. I like Manga because I can read through it in the blink of an eye, but when I get caught up in the story I tend to not even look at the pictures.

And I like anime because more often that now I'm to lazy to read.

And I like both near the same time becase some things I like to see how they acted it out in animation or in the comic like frames.
I used to always say I loved manga better and for most shows it is better but sometimes the manga can be shorter than the anime (sometimes a good thing sometimes bad)... Manga is WAY to quick to read through though so you seem to get more with anime... If I like one I tend to check out the other... Eva I read before I watched but I must say I prefer the anime... Rumiko Takahashi manga I normally prefer though...
Ive only ever read one manga (kajika) so i really cant say, but to chose id say anime cos reading u have to concentrate and anime u just relax.
I've always prefered manga but it's like manga=100% and anime=90% so I also like anime very much as well.

fahad17, you should try reading other manga titles. Kajika's good but there's manga that's 1000 times better.
I'm wishy washy so for me it all depends on which one has the better story line (notice i didn't say just better). For me I read alot of manga so I usually perfer manga cause I can read it during the day to pass time and to let my brain animate the pages. Then again I'm kinda picky on manga as far as if it is loads of speech and absolutely no action then I tend to stay from them and prefer anime.
I prefer to watch rather than read usually. However, in general animes of a series rarely live up to the mangas. Alot of the time the endings are screwed or they are not concluded properly which is quite infuriating.
They are both good in different situations. With manga it is very convenient to just take places and read whenever. With anime you can watch with other people which is fun. So I don't know which one I would like better.