Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Hey, I am new to this and I have a couple questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for your time, this is the first time I am thinking of getting anything online.
Now for the questions:

1: I am thinking about getting the Cowboy Bebop colletion, is the quality good/as good?

2: Am I better off getting the real thing, or are these just as good?

3: I live in Nova Scotia, how long should it take to ship?

4: Anything else importent I should know?

Again, thanks for your time ^_^.
1. There are DVD reviews for you to read. Read the reviews and decide which HK set you want to get.
2. If you have $ to spend, why get imports? Get originals.
3. Shipping varies. Generally 5-10 days. Depend on the customs at your country.
4. There are Rules and FAQ threads in each different forum sections. Read those first and skim through the forums to check for similar threads/questions. Unless you really can't find answers, don't post threads/questions like this one when we have so many repeated ones before.
Thanks for the help ^_^
But you must know that I know nothing about these accronoms, can someone tell me what the more common ones mean like "R1" and such?

Oh, I have another question, do these work on A PS2?
I am thinking of getting a cheap DVD player soon but in the meantime I am stuck with that.
Since I am located in Canada, you would get your order in 1 or 2 business days after I ship it.
Heh....
R1 means regional 1. Different parts of the world have different regional codings.
US/Canada: Region 1
Europe: Region 2
Asia: Region 3
etc etc.
Normally, a dvd release specific to a region cannot be played in other parts of the world unless you have a region-free dvd player.

HKs: Bootlegs from HK.
These bootlegs are rips of:
1. DVDs
2. TVs
3. VHS
4. LD
etc etc.

You would do better with a standalone dvd player. Even though PS2 has dvd player components, it is mainly built for game play, not dvd viewing. Some PS2s can't play dvds at all.
So, playing them on a PS2 is a bad idea?
Quote:Originally posted by crazy elmo
So, playing them on a PS2 is a bad idea?

Yes, most wont work.
Every single dvd I have works perfectly well on my ps2. I should add that my ps2 is one of the most recent ones.