Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Last DVD Purchased
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i love the way he uses any objects at all to help him fight... makes the scenes look awesome
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
My last purchased Tenchi Muyo 10th Aniversary LE Box

You must have money to burn, Japschin. No offence, but if I had a grand to spend it wouldn't be on anime.

Anyway, the last DVD I bought was the R3 of Lost in Translation mainly because it was cheaper than the R1 and R2.

ETA: Okay, not a grand, but £600.
The last DVD I bought was Kill Bill. Ohhh behold the coolness!:p
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
You must have money to burn, Japschin. No offence, but if I had a grand to spend it wouldn't be on anime.

Anyway, the last DVD I bought was the R3 of Lost in Translation mainly because it was cheaper than the R1 and R2.

ETA: Okay, not a grand, but £600.

No offence taken. Usually, if I want something, I get it. I don't really think about how much it cost unless I totally busted my bank account and credit cards. Really LE stuffs, I'm more than willing to take out $ to buy them.

£600 or $1.2k, you can't buy anything much, at least I don't know what can I buy with that amt. Can't buy a car, can't buy me another plasma tv etc.
What would you buy?

Have you watched Lost in Translation yet? First time I watched it, I kept wondering when would something interesting appear....watched only an hour then put in another movie:p Big Grin 2nd time, just to watch the ending....The movie just wasn't what I expected.
Actually I thought R3 movies cost as much as R1s, unless they are bootlegs, sometimes more expensive? Just wondering coz the last time I was in HK, they were selling US movies for HK$250 = US$32. It's the same cover as those in US but only with extra Chinese words.
I just bought:

Noir 1-7
Full metal panic 1-5
Super Gals 1+2
Devil Lady complete collection
Fruits Basket 1-3
Golden Boy 1+2
Sothern cross boxset
Dirty pair flash complete collection

and non-dvd I just bought the SAIYUKI FIGURES!!!!! ^_______^ I think there my new fave figure I own! But unfortunatly I only have Goku, Sanzo, and Gojyo. I must find Hakkai to complete the collection!

~ and btw i am broke now >< ~

£600 or $1.2k, you can't buy anything much, at least I don't know what can I buy with that amt. Can't buy a car, can't buy me another plasma tv etc.
What would you buy?

At the moment I would clear some debts and pay for some job training - either sub-editing, proofreading or some course in QuarkXpress or MS Office programs. I feel that the fact that I can't boast a good level of competence with these applications is affecting my job prospects.

If it was any other time I would probably spend the money on building a new PC.

Have you watched Lost in Translation yet? First time I watched it, I kept wondering when would something interesting appear....watched only an hour then put in another movie:p Big Grin 2nd time, just to watch the ending....The movie just wasn't what I expected.

LOT was one of the most amazing films I've seen recently. You're right not a lot happens. However, I was affected by the sense of loneliness that is captured in the film; the need to reach out for a familiar spirit, for something that isn't sex or the material. Beautiful with an excellent soundtrack though I admit that the film is not for everyone.

Actually I thought R3 movies cost as much as R1s, unless they are bootlegs, sometimes more expensive? Just wondering coz the last time I was in HK, they were selling US movies for HK$250 = US$32. It's the same cover as those in US but only with extra Chinese words.

The DVD was £5 cheaper than the cheapest I could buy the R1 or R2 and cost £7.99 (US$14.81). It probably doesn't sound much of a bargain to you because the £ is still so strong against the $, but £5 is a fairly significant margin to me.

The R3 is identical to the other regions (I checked a very useful DVD comparison site to make sure) and, as you said, the cover is the same albeit with an additional cardboard slip-cover.
I bought the Never Ending story, Batman The Animated series volume 1. Anime wise, my friend is giving me Tenchi GXP, I think he said he had volume 4 in for me. He gets them free from Funimation anyway. Is Kiddy Grade good, because I passed up on free dvds of those. As far as buying anime dvds, Wild Arms volumes 3,4, and 5.
Just bought every Slayer movie and OVA. Waiting for Slayer FX collection to get in stock so I can buy it from JJ. And after buying that and the Kenshin FX set I will be done for a while.
I just bought Earthian. I hope it's good.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I bought the Never Ending story, Batman The Animated series volume 1. Anime wise, my friend is giving me Tenchi GXP, I think he said he had volume 4 in for me. He gets them free from Funimation anyway. Is Kiddy Grade good, because I passed up on free dvds of those. As far as buying anime dvds, Wild Arms volumes 3,4, and 5.

The Never Ending Story! I love that movie! I watched it for the first time when I was 6 or 7 and it affected me in such a way that even nowadays I'm a sucker for that movie.
Kiddy Grade is okay, the first 10 eps are a bit boring but after that the story really picks up.
Simpsons volume 3. It RULES. It has my favorite episode on it too. The one Where Mr Burns sells the Nuke Plant to the Germans. My fave thing to quote from him is in that episode...where he goes to Moes and just as he enters he says to Smithers.."Ahh the murthless laugh of the damned." OMG Burns is so EVIL.Wink
I really hate at how slow the Simpsons, South Park, And Futrama are at coming out on DVD. And why isnt South Park UNcensored...

I just bought Shrek 2 bootleg DVD.
I just bought the Black Angel Collection and Fight Club Special Edition, and the last anime I bought was Rahxephon..
I only buy dvds from my job, here or ebay.
the last dvd i bought was Hero, very artful i love chinese martial arts films, especially with huge bugets. and jet li is a plus.
The Return of the Living Dead
Sweet Revenge Double Feature - I spit on your grave, and Don't mess with my Sister (2 Discs in a box)
Barb Wire with Pam Anderson
Pages: 1 2 3