Import Anime Forums

Full Version: South Park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok if someone did a thread about this episode I am sorry I brought it back up. Anyhoo... since the base provides a huge assortment of entertainment for us I was watching some episodes of South Park on the computer. I watched the "Fun with Weapons" it is SP take on Anime. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. This was the second greatest episode I ever seen (Awesome-O is the greatest). I was wondering what you guys thought of it. Also my poll question could you answer it and give comments.
I can't really comment on your poll question, since I'm not really paying attention to the political stuff. I just think it's funny as hell when they make fun of pretty much everything and get away with it. That's exactly the type of show I'd put together if I was in their place.

I loved that anime parody too. The best part was when they did the anime song. Here's a translation for it that I found on the net:

Battle Song:
subarashii chinchin mono
You have an awesome penis

kintama no ke aru
I see the hair on your balls

sono otowa sarubobo
Sounds like a baby monkey

iie ninjyaga imasu
No, no it's ninjas

Hey hey let's go kenkasuru
"hey Hey Let's Go!" we fight

taisestunamono protect my balls
It's really important to "protect my balls"

bokugawarui so let's fighting
It's my bad "so let's fighting"

Let's fighting Love...
Let's fighting Love...

konouta choto baka wakegawakaranai
This song is dumb it makes no sense

eigoga mechakucha
The English is bad

daijobu "we do it all the time"
but it's ok, we do it all the time

Hey hey let's go kenkasuru
"hey Hey Let's Go!" we fight

Hahahahaha. But my favorite episode is still the chicken lover episode from Season 2 I believe. Because that's the one where Cartman goes around screaming 'Respect my Authoritaaaa!!!!!'.
The episode Good Times With Weapons has got to be my favorite.....what could be better then Butters getting a ninja star in his eye.

Cartman: "I am Bulrog and I have lots and lots of powers."

[Image: SouthPark1.png]

There are more screenshots Here
well all the episodes of south park are pretty funny and they always have a political side to them... Sometimes I don't get the political side but usually I can catch on about half way through..... Anyways I am rambling I think my favorite south park episode would have to be when they made fun of the hobbit and they had the gay teacher bring in his Slave and he put a gerbel up his rear... and they had the song go on and the rodent goign through his intestines...... that was funny....Ok but the one morg said his fav(awsome-o-) that was is a close 2nd place in my book
I think South Park is a really political show but it is put into a comical shell. I watched the one with the people from the future that one was kinda hot topic. The fun with weapons episode was hilairous to me. The song that played I could hardly stand the lyrics the first time I heard it. South Park went from a some what stupid show into a show that took real things and made fun of them because they could.
I liked the pokemon spoof episode. That got that ridiculous crap down to a t.

FUNGUAR!
ROLOMON!
....SHOE!....

What's so great about the later series is that they start to satirise their OWN episodes with things like "towelie" or as cartman put it

Quote:You're the crappiest charachter ever towlie!

Of course over here in the UK the scumbags at channel 4 decide to air it at 2am now replacing it's old slot with crap like will and grace. Yeah REAL cutting edge stuff that.
Yes the show has it's own flair. Thanks for the translation Vicious. Iam going to e-mail my friend in Japan and see what he thinks about that episode.
The best is the one with Michael Jackson *Jefferson*

Seeing Cartman laying in bed and about to kiss him and the "Yea's" of Michael's VA was goddamn hilarious. That soft voice...... ROFL "Come ride my train with me... That's ignorant"
I stopped watching it after the first season so I can't comment on the political impact the show has. However, I did see the Lord of the Rings episode, and although the show is not really written very smart, it was pure genius.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
although the show is not really written very smart, it was pure genius.

That's a contradiction isn't it?
No.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkKnightBob
That's a contradiction isn't it?

No, since he was saying the show isn't usually written smartly, but that episode was.
What is really great is that the writing has gotten so good the last two seasons. More episdoes like the LOTR versus the latter
I dont have cable, never seen it.