Import Anime Forums

Full Version: darkknightbob and your sig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a request for you to remove your sig. It is over half a meg and I don't like having to reload that much data every time I clear my cache (daily). I've tried PMing you, but that failed, so I'm going to post and hope you read this and oblige.
You know you could just not clear your cache everyday. What are you running there? a 500mb HDD? A 28.8K Modem?

Ok i'll be nice this time cos i'm still new here and thus can't get away with just saying no, but I can't see how it stops you viewing the site. I don't even post that much.

Try setting you cache limit to a file size rather than just a time limit.
Hey DKB I liked the sig I thought it took time to come up with that kind of sig. But it did take a while to load the first time. I can also understand how some could find it distasteful. But hey we are grown and speak to each other on a even level. It is also cool you were so willing to change. Open minds lead open comunication...
It's a large file and I don't like having huge amounts of files in my cache (slows everything down). Having a 500k sig is just plain rude.
Unless you are running a Pentium 200 it will not slow down your system. Having lots of little files will slow down your system more as the fragment you file partitions. In fact deleting your cache everyday is probably fragmenting your harddirive all over the place because you are moving the same bytes of data (assuming you go to the same sites each day) all over the HDD again and again.

Like I said a much simpler way to do this would be to just put a size cap on your temporary internet files and you PC will clear it when it gets too full.

I think you're wrong but i'm not about to get into a lengthy debate over it so I just ditched it. I don't have time to run around pissing people off.
it's not a system slowdown! It's a bandwidth issue.
Yes 500k is a little large for a Sig.. I mean some people are still on dial-up which i am one of them for the time being.. and even if it does cache that initial download for it is a long time which causes the page to load slower also. But thanks for changing it..
I'm also on dial-up. We're the forgotten children. But I had no complaints from the 3 other sites I visit (which i will somewhat shamelessly say get more traffic than this site.... sorry but they do :p )

Anywayz it's done. I'd rather just go look at these female members we have.