Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Remeber BANANA MAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, dose anyone remember banana man i wasnt born when it was first released but i got to see later on when i was a kid. It was soo funny.

"Bananaman was a cartoon series that aired on Nickelodeon after episodes of Danger Mouse throughout the 80s. Each episode was
approximately 5 min. long, and told of the adventures of Eric (who becomes a super hero when he eats a banana). The show didn?t
have the greatest animation, but it was goofy and funny. The voice-actors in the show were the three members of the British comedy
troupe, The Goodies. Bananaman was based on a reoccurring character in the UK comic book series, Nutty, which was later carried
across to another comic called Dandy. Bananaman also had a series of his own Summer Specials in the early 90s. The animated series
was made 1983-1984."

Dose anyone else remember this show.

?This is 29 Acacia Road; and this is Eric, a schoolboy who leads an amazing double life; for when Eric eats a banana, an amazing transformation occurs. Eric ?is? Bananaman?ever alert for the call to justice.?
I remember the comics with him better than the cartoon show. We spent about 6 months with my uncle in Liverpool I think in 84. I remember Dandy. I actually still have some yearly specials from then for Topper and a few others I can't remember the titles to now. I used to like comics and used to try and read them even when I was in England.
Yeah I remember it. It was one of those great shows where you can watch it again today because half the jokes you would only really get if you were over say 16 odd
I never knew there were banana man comics when i was young the only comic i collected was the beano i have like over 500 issues all in crisp condition, stacked date wise in a big box somewhere in my garage. I loved the beano twas cool
Beano!!! that was the other one that I have a hardcover annual special to.

Yes. I remember reading about bananaman in comics. I don't remember if he had his own of if he shared it with a bunch of other comics.
Banana Man, Danger Mouse, & Count Duckula... I remeber all of that with a smile on my face. It was great my dad and I would watch those together. He would laugh at things I didn't get. Kind of like when I went to see Sherk 2 and I laughed at a lot of stuff that 90% (kids) of the audience did laugh at. Hell I remeber one little girl asking her dad what was so funny...?