Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New York City!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Though I live in New Hampshire I grew up in New York City, Staten Island. And I'm taking a trip down this weekend. Visiting family, old friends and... the food!

Big Bagels and Awesome Pizza!

If there's one thing I miss about leaving New York it's just that. Pizza is a bit lacking here... even though some people who live up here call it the best pizza on earth? (Of course they've probably have never been outside of New England!) But, I know what real pizza's like... besides that the bagels are huge! You get them fresh and soft from a deli not a supermarket (that's the only place we're able to get them up here). And the Chinese food is superb as well (come on, dinner rolls instead of rice in New Hampshire... are you out of your mind? That's almost a sin.)

Of course cuisine is better there because it is the melting pot of the world. I love driving through New York seeing the sights and different cultures.

I also get to see my family. I'm staying with my grandma who is from Sicily! The rest of my family is staying with my aunt, uncle and cousins.

Oh, yeah and sidewalks.. I haven't seen those since I've been to Boston.

Anyway, I'll be gone for a little less than a week.. Later..
I've been to New York a lot, and my favorite part was always the hundreds of Indian restaurants. I got embarased on a couple trips when kids from this small town ran to the bus windows to see the homeless guys, shouting,"Look! It's a homeless guy!"

Anyone else have some fun NYC memories?

Oh, i forgot to mention... Havae fun, Sirchico.
You're gonna have a lot of fun SirChico! I hope you enjoy your visit. I'm from Jersey City, NJ, the ghetto about 5 minute train ride to NYC Big Grin I've always loved NYC.. My first summer job was working in NYU when I was a sophomore in high school. I love all the clothing stores and weird people, and eating SUSHI there! Only thing I hate are the pigeons.. they aren't scared of anything.. I hate getting pooped on.
my fondest was when i saw Mindless Self Indulgence 3 nights in a row at the Irving Plaza. if you have ever seen MSI you'll understand why.
another fun thing to do in nyc is trying to find a parking place on the streets, by the time you know it you're lost, or the two story pokemon store (it scared me).

Hey have fun sirchico
Go to China Town and pick up some hk dvds, wallscrolls, or cds. They have quite a huge selection so Enjoy Yerself Sir Chico!!!! Smile Big Grin Wink
Thanks guys I will have fun.. but, I must tell you... I'm not actually going to Manhattan. I'm going to one of the five buroughs of NYC: Staten Island. (Five buroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten Island) It's the most rural (if you could call it that), but it should be a nice visit.

This will be my last post, for I leave tomorrow. Bye! :p Wink Big Grin
My favorite part about New York was buying a $2000 Rolex for $10, that kicks the crap out of HK DVD prices anydayWink
i should read more carefully, but i don't!
New York City just wasn't my kind of place when I was there. First time I saw the Ocean though, so it wasn't so bad. I don't like people...close....crowds....AAAA. Social Anxiety Disorder? Maybe. It really is an interesting place though, coming from someone who's lived in about as close to a hermitage as you can get without actually being there. I saw the limos and the guy playing sax on the street corner. However, I don't think I'd list "homeless people" on my list of interesting things to see in NYC...:confused:
Hey guys, I'm back. (got back two days ago)

It was nice visiting people, but otherwise it was uneventful. And I really was happy eating the great New York food Big Grin.

That will propably be my last vacation of the summer. I'm starting work soon. But, isn't ironic that as soon as I get back the person that called for orientation went away, and now I have to wait even longer?
Yeah that sucks the person is gone. I would be eager to start working Big Grin Enjoy the rest of your days off though, since when you start work, it'll be tough.
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
Though I live in New Hampshire I grew up in New York City, Staten Island. And I'm taking a trip down this weekend. Visiting family, old friends and... the food!

Big Bagels and Awesome Pizza!

If there's one thing I miss about leaving New York it's just that. Pizza is a bit lacking here... even though some people who live up here call it the best pizza on earth? (Of course they've probably have never been outside of New England!) But, I know what real pizza's like... besides that the bagels are huge! You get them fresh and soft from a deli not a supermarket (that's the only place we're able to get them up here). And the Chinese food is superb as well (come on, dinner rolls instead of rice in New Hampshire... are you out of your mind? That's almost a sin.)

Of course cuisine is better there because it is the melting pot of the world. I love driving through New York seeing the sights and different cultures.

I also get to see my family. I'm staying with my grandma who is from Sicily! The rest of my family is staying with my aunt, uncle and cousins.

Oh, yeah and sidewalks.. I haven't seen those since I've been to Boston.

Anyway, I'll be gone for a little less than a week.. Later..

Whoa I didn't know you grew up in Staten Island.:eek: I live there. What part of Staten Island did you grow up in?
nice to know you enjoyed yourself Sirchico

i wanna go NY and will within the next year just need to recover money funds after Tokyo Rolleyes