Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Are your license plates interesting? And some other stuff too.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are your car's license plates what you would call "interesting". Or are they just boring? Do you have some special plates, or just the default ones? Minnesota's license plates seem to be rather colorful in comparison to some I've seen. They have the tree...and the lake on there. When I do see other state's I usually forget what they look like. However one time I saw one that really struck me as lackluster...might have been Colorado, but maybe not so no one from Colorado attack. I see a MESS of Ontario plates. I don't think any Canadian plates are very fancy with graphics. I could be wrong about that too though.

Speaking of Ontario, there's this lady that works at the Pizza Hut over there in Fort Frances that comes to our Domino's while still in uniform. It's kind of a funny thing. It is like the perfect advertisement (nothing against Pizza Hut of course, but my friend owns the Domino's and gives me discounts, hard not to be a bit biased.) because here is this Pizza Hut employee that travels to another country to eat at Domino's.
Well, in VA, you can choose between a bunch of different plates. But the standard ones are pretty boring.

While we're on the topic of interesting license plates, the whole time I was in college, my tags read - CDZ NUTZ. Cool
Well let me see... my car's plates are GDDAY M8

Hubby's is NGT WLF

Daughters is MEHVE 85 <--anime related.. can you guess from where?

Son's is 1 TARAN

Somewhat interesting... :p
Quote:Originally posted by Amethyst
Well let me see... my car's plates are GDDAY M8

Hubby's is NGT WLF

Daughters is MEHVE 85 <--anime related.. can you guess from where?

Son's is 1 TARAN

Somewhat interesting... :p

No, I can't guess where Sad

That last one wouldn't be from a series of books by Lloyd Alexander, would it?
New Hampshire's plate's have some nice colors and right in the middle is the old man on the mountain... which fell of the mountain over a year ago! :eek:

I think newer plates have moose. I still have the old man on my truck.

EDIT: Left this out when I originally wrote the post, as Schultz reminded: "Live Free Or Die" New Hampshire motto is across the top. Thanks Schultz!
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
New Hampshire's plate's have some nice colors and right in the middle is the old man on the mountain... which fell of the mountain over a year ago! :eek:

I think newer plates have moose. I still have the old man on my truck.

Yea but the saying on those plates are what rocks..

"Live Free or Die"
Quote:Originally posted by Owozifa
No, I can't guess where Sad

That last one wouldn't be from a series of books by Lloyd Alexander, would it?

If I tell you right away, then nobody else gets to guess... *laugh* I will tell you though if nobody gets it... As for the Taran, no, nothing so far reaching, more like from Disney's The Black Cauldron, the boy's name was Taran.... my son liked it... :p
Don't worry. I don't think anyone has figured mine out yet either. They probably all just think I'm crazy for CD's or something. Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
"Live Free or Die"
I actually came back to edit my post because I can't believe I left it out!
If I tell you right away, then nobody else gets to guess... *laugh* I will tell you though if nobody gets it... As for the Taran, no, nothing so far reaching, more like from Disney's The Black Cauldron, the boy's name was Taran.... my son liked it... :p

Well, then I was right. Lloyd Alexander wrote The Black Cauldron .
Well, then I was right. Lloyd Alexander wrote The Black Cauldron .

But you said a series of books, and from my albeit limited knowledge, The Black Cauldron would have only been one book... :p

Mehve is from Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind, and it isn't shortened or abbreviated...
But you said a series of books, and from my albeit limited knowledge, The Black Cauldron would have only been one book... :p

Mehve is from Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind, and it isn't shortened or abbreviated...

Well I return the problem of limited knowledge with your Nausicaa reference. :p I haven't read/seen anything of that particular franchise because I've been sitting here with the vain hope that Disney might get off its ass and release the damn thing already.
Well I return the problem of limited knowledge with your Nausicaa reference. :p I haven't read/seen anything of that particular franchise because I've been sitting here with the vain hope that Disney might get off its ass and release the damn thing already.

:p You may be sitting there awhile... I've heard they've moved the release dates past the Aug one... sigh.. my daughter wants them too in R1's...

Anyway... Mehve is the name of Nausicaa's cloud climber (flying machine).
Blah, ohio's plates genrally have a stupid red cardinal on them..I think, well a red bird. I am going to get my new one's in august and there gonna say..... EIRISAN. ^^ I can't wait!