Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gb Sp Nes Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
HAHAHAHA Want it???????? I got it the week it came out!
Lucky
The NES GBA looks cool, but it's just not economically sound to buy at the moment. I already have an SP, and it's blue and cool. The Nintendo DS is coming out too, rather quickly, and it looks like it's gonna be pricey. I don't really know what to think of portable games and systems going for console prices. Maybe the prices will change once the stuff comes out, I don't know.
Quote: Originally posted by Owozifa
I don't really know what to think of portable games and systems going for console prices. Maybe the prices will change once the stuff comes out, I don't know.

Well the rumors of the net is the PS2 and Xbox will drop to 100 bucks soon. Handhelds are become like laptops. That is my view. Look at a laptop. All the power of a desktop in a portable size. Handhelds are going that route. I hope they never get as expensive as a home system, but at least Nintedo has always had the gameboy at 100 bucks on average that is
New EGM says GB DS is 150 bux and PSP is 300. Egads on both parts...Rolleyes
That's helpful info, thanks! EBgames just says the DS and the PSP are both 200, this makes things look a lot more favored to Nintendo. I don't know what Sony's going to do with a portable twice the price of the competitor with so-so launch titles. Hopefully it will pick up in the long run.
Well the big N has for the DS a 3d modeled Mario that side scrolls and looks fantastic. And PSP has a completely new Metal Gear coming out that looks even better. Just a few reasons to maybe get one. I wont have either for a very long time. I got enough to do as is. I really want that Mrio game though. It looks like it's gonna be INCREDIBLY fun.
i don't think i want a hand held that uses cd's, and if you think about it, it will probably be pirated to death. pretty impossible to pirate cartriges. the psp probably won't stand a chance against the ds. unless sony is willing to keep it afloat like microsoft with the xbox still.
any mario game is fun, i haven't played one that i haven't enjoyed.
Quote: Originally posted by Dark Osamu
And PSP has a completely new Metal Gear coming out that looks even better. Just a few reasons to maybe get one.

Yea Dark but that Metal Gear is some kind of Card game. From what I read you use cards to hide stealth kills, move bodies and all sorts off wierd stuff. Not what I am looking forward to in a metal gear game.
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
Yea Dark but that Metal Gear is some kind of Card game. From what I read you use cards to hide stealth kills, move bodies and all sorts off wierd stuff. Not what I am looking forward to in a metal gear game.

Yet another series lost to the card obsession. *mourns*
I think that the DS will do better than the PSP. First of all, it will be cheaper. Second of all, it nintendo, come on! Third, it will depend on what games come out for each system. Dont get me wrong, the PSP will be sweet, but I think nintnedo has the upper hand.
Well, I still want a NES GBA SP even though Nintendo DS is coming soon. The way I see it is just because it comes out soon doesn't mean I have to buy it right away (though I bought both my original GBA and Gamecube on their respective debut's).

But, between DS and PSP, I'd lean towards DS. Like -spike- said it's Nintendo. And no matter who comes along Nintendo will always be Nintendo... a game company (for over a hundered years). It's not like they started out making stereos or computers Rolleyes. I've been a Nintendo gamer since I bought a Game Boy Pocket all those years ago.

And I just got hired so I may yet still be able to fork out money at the time the DS comes out. Easy come, easy go..
Quote:Originally posted by SirChico
And no matter who comes along Nintendo will always be Nintendo... a game company (for over a hundered years). It's not like they started out making stereos or computers Rolleyes. I've been a Nintendo gamer since I bought a Game Boy Pocket all those years ago.

Yeah! Without nintendo, the video game market wouldn't exist! (I just read the huge-ass very very detailed biography of Nintendo, so now I'm even bigger of a supporter).

Screw M$, and not screw them, but no happy thoughts to Sony. Nintendo is the only one focused on video games soley!
PSP sounds (reads) more like a laptop to me. It plays movies, Mp3's, and video games. Also it is confirmed that the DS is backwards compatiable with the GBA. So there is already a huge market. The 3 party companies can at least say that thier other GBA titles might get played on the DS. The PSP has to relie soly on the launch titles to get it going.
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
PSP sounds (reads) more like a laptop to me. It plays movies, Mp3's, and video games. Also it is confirmed that the DS is backwards compatiable with the GBA. So there is already a huge market. The 3 party companies can at least say that thier other GBA titles might get played on the DS. The PSP has to relie soly on the launch titles to get it going.

And that's why I think it will have a rocky time. I don't know much about the launch titles, but there seemed to be a lot of sports games, which don't seem the ideal fare for a handheld, at least to me.

I have one or two issues about the DS too, the main thing I'm worried about is that companies will feel some sort of obligation to use that touch screen and throw something half-assed and annoying into an otherwise good game just for the sake of utilizing it.
Pages: 1 2 3