Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Other seller companies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone vouch for the HK dvd companies Cookie Jar Video or Animeniacs? Posted a request for DBZ in the request forum and asked to buy in trade section but if none come in or I get no offers I would like look elsewhere for these in a few weeks.

-Thanks
I have ordered from both and I highly recommend Cookiejarvideo. Great customer service and super fast shipping if you are stateside.

p.s. lots of people like THIS site as well...Wink
Quote:Originally posted by rarnom
Great customer service and super fast shipping if you are stateside.

Great customer service but not 100% fantastic. Before I found IA, I found Cookiejar first. Had some questions so I asked Bella the questions. Waited 1 week, no replies. So I left, came to IA and never went back.

It's stated "USA shipping is a flat fee of $6 or $8 (insured), no matter how many titles you order.
We ship USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Average delivery time is 2-5 days. "
in the FAQ section.
However, I do know of someone who paid $8 but items were shipped via Media Mail($6 with insurance). If I remembered correctly, for the order to be shipped via Priority Mail was abt $10 including insurance.
My friend emailed Bella asking why did she ship Media Mail when stated in the website, she ships via Priority, she took around 4 days to reply.
I forgot what exactly she said but it was phrased in a way that the buyer SHOULD BE grateful to her for selling him the dvds and not charging him extra for special orders (DBZ sets).

Initially, i thought that maybe my friend's not a regular customer but on the contrary, he had been with her for 1-1.5yrs as a regular buyer. Even though he knew abt IA, he was loyal to Cookiejar till this incident. He was sort of annoyed with her "You should be grateful to me" answer.

Other than this, I think Cookiejar is pretty reliable.

***So far, IA is the most reliable site. Good customer service, prompt deliveries. You can do a request for the dvds you want and JJ will definitely save it for u.***
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
He was sort of annoyed with her "You should be grateful to me" answer.

I'd be pretty pissed if I got a response like that as well.

But I've never had a negative experience with any of the 3 sites. They're the only ones that I deal with for HK's. They all have their pros and cons. With the main pro for JJ being that he has the lowest prices on the majority of titles. It's hard to compete with his prices.
Like I said, if JJ has the titles I want I will buy from him first, but wanted to know my options. You guys have been very helpful, thank you much.
Little bit of background history...

CookieJar used to be assioated with this sight but has since moved on
to create her own little place. Bella is usually on top of her game, but people have there days no. As for Animeniacs I know a lot of are posters post there as well, but for me I just felt a little cold over there. But that is just my first impersion of there site and boards. Parn (JJ) thinks of us first and everything else second. When other places were under cutting him on prices JJ fixed that and gives us the best deals under the sun. And how else sends out free boxes of Pocky when he's got them. JJ you have a customer for life...
I agree with everyting said here. If IA doesn't have what I want, CJV is my next stop. Bella is super friendly but her international shipping is a bit high. If I have a choice I always order from here.

Funny that you named the 3 most reliable sites. You can't go wrong with any of them.
I actually found out about the other sites from this sites MB. I found this one through google. (Was getting tired of ebay) They never said much about them though so I thought i'd ask. Thanks again guys.
strangely enough I found this site after I got fed up with ebay.:p I wanna try some of the other reliable places but I don't got cash plus I'd rather buy from here cause I have experienced JJ's customer service.