Import Anime Forums

Full Version: not important...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to you guys.

Hot d@mn Perry now has a GameStop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very important to me seeing as how normally I have to drive about 50 miles out of town each weekend to visit the one in the mall.
Quote:Originally posted by Batz Kage
to you guys.

Very important to me seeing as how normally I have to drive about 50 miles out of town each weekend to visit the one in the mall.

I thought you were too young to drive.
Well, I was meaning my parents drive me up there, but yes, I'm 16, you can get restricted at 15, I just ogt mine three days ago.
Gamestop owns! Its the only place I go to buy me games. Although I sometimes go to target when a game I want is on sale.
Quote:Originally posted by Batz Kage
to you guys.

cheese, that's so sad. there are gamestops all around my house, i can drive for 15 minutes or less just about any direction and find one
Quote:Originally posted by Homeless Joe
cheese, that's so sad. there are gamestops all around my house, i can drive for 15 minutes or less just about any direction and find one

Wow, that's pretty cool. I love Gamestop. Definitely the best Video Game store, at least around my area.
I have a memembership card or whatever so I get used games 10% off, & that's why I was going off every weekend for a few games, but now after cashing my check, I can go from the bank, right across the road, & to the left, & it's right there.
Boy I wish I could drive 50 miles and find a Gamestop...

I drive 50 miles and what do I get? A K-mart. Not even a Target. No wonder I am an online-shopping junkie.
Quote:Originally posted by Owozifa
Boy I wish I could drive 50 miles and find a Gamestop...

I drive 50 miles and what do I get? A K-mart. Not even a Target. No wonder I am an online-shopping junkie.

Dude that sux, I have a target about walking distance from my gamestop. I go to gamestop, check their prices, then I check target. Whichever is cheaper, I buy from.
i used to work at game stop, when it was still called funcoland and then it became gamestop. it had to be the best job i ever had, the perks of the job were great. like getting games before thier release and checking out any of the games in the store. i wish i never quit that job, for more money.
I wish I had a job at gamestop.

That reminds me of something that really pissed me off. A couple of month ago the gamestop near me was hiring. So I turned in my resume and asked the guy some questions. He said that I should come back on friday to talk to the hiring manager, that would help my likelyhood of being hired. So I came back on friday and started talking to the guy. Guess what, they werent hiring at that store, they were hiring for stores that werent ever open yet. I was so pissed! The reason I was trying to get the job was because I need the money for college, I cant work at a store that they dont know when is going to be opened. I am leaving for college in september! I would have been nice if they told me the spesifications before I took the time to come back and waste half my afternoon. Well, there is my rant, I hope you enjoy my misery.
If I were old enough I might consider getting a job at the local GameStop, God knows I'd probably be better than half the trash they'll hire in the end.
I mean normally at the store I go to the guys know they're talking about.

Ok I've been to both EB Games & Games 4 Less & gotten mixed emploies. Sometimes the people don't even know what the fu*k a video game is, much less are they capible of holding a conversation inwhich they are the topic. Heck, one time at games 4 less they had an indian woman who could barely speak english, & didn't know what a CCG was.
This is becasue a lot of people working there college students.
Luckly the last 4 times (and only times) I went to the out of town Game Stop they had smart people there, one of which I remember worked there back when the store was Babages & that had to have been 5-6 years ago. I remember this guy because he seemingly knew something about EVERY FRICKEN GAME THEY HAD!

As for the Gamestop here, I know of one person that has signed up that might be good at the job. The only other person I know that has signed up at all only plays sports & Final Fantasy games.

Point being; the only people around here old enough to work there (gotta be 18) are either to stupid to know what a video is (I live in a redneck town, just this year a Wal-Mart opened here & there were stupid school field trips to the stupid place), or they're a bunch of pot heads I'd never want to ask gaming advice from because all they can say is "Get Vice City"....Perry=town of LOOOSERS...to bad I'm one of them Big Grin
Quote:(I live in a redneck town, just this year a Wal-Mart opened here & there were stupid school field trips to the stupid place)

That was because your teachers wanted to go shopping. Badly. Could be one of those side effects of living in a redneck town. I'd say I lived in a redneck town, but it's not really the same...I prefer "hick".
my manager knew nothing about video games, so he always had me work with him so i could answer all the questions and promote the games, since i was playing all of the games(it was great to be able to check any of the games out). For the two years i worked there i don't think i bought a single game. now i have too and i don't play as much.
i have a new addiction ANIME.
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
my manager knew nothing about video games, so he always had me work with him so i could answer all the questions and promote the games, since i was playing all of the games(it was great to be able to check any of the games out). For the two years i worked there i don't think i bought a single game. now i have too and i don't play as much.
i have a new addiction ANIME.

Im addicted to both, Games and Anime. GOD IM A GEEK! :eek: Big Grin