Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Naruto... worth it, or wait?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all... I've been considering picking up the Naruto vol. 1-3 box set from FX. From what I've heard, I'll love the series... but I'm really torn between ordering the sub'd version, or holding my breath until an English dub comes out R1... or even longer, until an FX english dub comes out based off of the R1.

Has anyone here ordered the FX sets for Naruto... that could give me their opinion on the set? Are the subs decent (i.e. horrible, fansub, or better than fansub)? Is it worth picking up if I'll potentially have to upgrade the set way down the road for the english dubs?

Help me out here. Wink Anyone?
i'm sticking with Fansub untill dubs are released, even though i'm 99.9 % sure the dubs will be brutal, it's always nice to have both and there's that .1 % chance the dubs will be done well Smile
I have fansubs right now, and I love the series so much I think I will buy the FX release.
if the video source is good, DVD rip, sure its worth it. dubs never made any impact on my buying power.

my buying power is limited
The series is one of the best around and at the moment all i have had were downloaded episodes. Its going to be very worth it.
Thanks guys.. I think I'll pick it up in my next order.
I have the hks and the fansubs on dvd format. I opted to watch the latter since the subs are much better and some of the hk eps are not very good qual anyway.
The series is good, but it drags way too much at times, particularly compared to the manga. Too many recap episodes and scenes are used throughout the series, that often make DBZ look speedy comparison. It's no Kenshin, that's all I have to say.
Quote:Originally posted by r00ster
Hey all... I've been considering picking up the Naruto vol. 1-3 box set from FX. From what I've heard, I'll love the series... but I'm really torn between ordering the sub'd version, or holding my breath until an English dub comes out R1... or even longer, until an FX english dub comes out based off of the R1.

Has anyone here ordered the FX sets for Naruto... that could give me their opinion on the set? Are the subs decent (i.e. horrible, fansub, or better than fansub)? Is it worth picking up if I'll potentially have to upgrade the set way down the road for the english dubs?

Help me out here. Wink Anyone?

I'm almost certain that the FX box sets are rip from the AV box sets because I saw on 2 sites that the name of the item was "Naruto Box Set FX/AV" and the other site said " Naruto Box Set FX (AV)" so I think its a rip, plus it ends at ep. 76 like the third AV box set. But not a 100% sure.
IF they are rips from AV, wouldn't that mean that quality of the fx dvds will be tv rips and not dvd quality. O.o FX TV RIPS!Big Grin
im so used to watching it subbed that if I hear it dubbed its gonna really ruin it for me, especially naruto's voice - really funny
i bought the set and it's great.overall decent subs.(and personally i hate dubs.)and waiting for a r1 release could take long,not to mention the amount you'll spend on all the seperate dvd's.
Can you compare the subs to another set (or if they are ripped from AV)? Are names correct?
Go to narutofan.com. I read there that some guy from Funimation said there are no plans for Naruto being dubbed as of yet. Thank god.
its worth it
Pages: 1 2