Import Anime Forums

Full Version: A wallpaper I made
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to show you guys a wallpaper I threw together. I think its pretty cool. I had to make it small so that I could post it. Rolleyes
It's kinda cool, however, my opinion is tainted with bias of diliking that anime totally.
I guess it's an OK start.
I really like the big sky with the three characters on the right.

There's something about the people just floating in the air at the top of the screen that doesn't sit right with me. Have you thought about a transparent bar behind them to give a bit of base without totally obscuring the clouds?

Keeping working at it, I know you can polish this image even more.
Looks good so far. I just think if you got rid of the floating people on the top it would look better. I love Samurai Champloo.Smile
Ok I got rid of the stuff on top, I didnt really like that part of it either. Heres what it looks like.
get rid of the logo. It clashes...Unless you forget what anime is on your background...
I like this website so much I decided to make a simple wallpaper for import-anime.com. Hope May Lin doesnt mind I used her art. Big Grin :confused:
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-
Hope May Lin doesnt mind I used her art. Big Grin :confused:

It's not her art. All she did was take existing art made by the creators (or other fans) resize and crop.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
It's not her art. All she did was take existing art made by the creators (or other fans) resize and crop.

Didnt know that, thanks!
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Yep yep~ .. I don't mind that you used the headers, but many people who make graphics will mind if you take their wallpaper and cut out the character from it, because usually that'll mean an easier cutting out time.. so, I'm okay with the headers thing, but it'd be ill advised to make a wall or something using the graphics off another wall someone made.. make sense? ^^;; .. Many people who make backgrounds will actually re-draw some portions of a picture because it came out fuzzy, so some people will really hate it if you use the image, even if they didn't necessarily draw it..

And geez.. you say "all she did" like it's an easy thing XD .. ah well.. while some pictures are easy to cut out, some others take a lot of patience and you really have to zoom in 800% or so to get all that white or excess stuff you don't want.. so, I must disagree.. ^^;

BUT BACK ON TRACK.
What everyone said about your previous walls were true. The characters hanging in the sky were a little random. There ARE ways to put in characters in a fashion that won't look strange, however. For example, if you put them in boxes in a way that fits the picture, but does not distract the viewer.. .. and yes, get rid of the logo, as well as the red lines, unless you plan to expand on the idea of the red lines, so that there are more of them, or so that they focus around a central theme.

Your second wall, without the characters on the top, is an improvement. I'd suggest making the image bigger though, so that the characters are more centralized. The third wall is just too plain for my taste, although some people like plain walls. You can do a lot of stuff with the third wall, like putting a line through import anime to make it look more interesting.. playing around with designs..

There's a lot of stuff you can do ^_^ .. My advise to you is to keep trying, and trying to find some bigger pictures to work with if you don't have them already. Try [ AtPictures.com ] and [ AnimeShrine ] .. also, go to [ Imanimetions ] for some amaaazing background tutorials.. and FINALLY~! Find yourself a good place to share your walls and get critiques ^_^ .. A few good places to start are [ AnimePaper ] (in the forums) and [ AnimeOnline ] .. Good luck!
Thanks for the help may. This was like the first time I have done anything in photoshop, so I was just doing these to figure stuff out and how it works. I have used paint shop pro before but not photoshop, but they are pretty much the same. Im starting college in september and I think I have some photoshop classes the first year so ill make some cool ones after I know the program better.
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-
but they are pretty much the same.

PS is VERY different from PSP.