Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Yu Yu Hakusho Box Set 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone purchased and watched the new YYH Box Set released by FX? I have no idea what the hell that they were thinking when they made it! The last one that they made (YYH Box Set 2) had no pixelation whatsoever and the chapters were divided nicely inside of each episode. However, this new one is total crap! The first two episodes on the first DVD are entirely pixelated when any movement occurs. Throughout the whole box set, the scene selection in the three DVDs skipped in eighths and even during speech. There are about 4 episodes that are very pixelated, which is kinda wierd when there are only 3 extra episodes when compared to the last box set (which had no pixelation). Now if FX is planning on releasing only one more box set, then I can only imagine what it would be like. I would like to see them try to fit 30-sumthing remaining episodes on three DVDs. They should have kept on releasing the box sets in 25's and have a fifth box set with the remaining 12. Stupid! Very stupid.........
i've personal haven't seen it, but maybe you got a really bad set.
Quote:Originally posted by israfel
maybe you got a really bad set.

I doubt it... The first episode is all pixelated, but when the showdown between Toguro and Genkai occurs later in the episode (51), the quality significantly rises.
Thanks for the heads up.
Definitely thanks for the heads up... I almost bought all three volumes of this, but I'll hold off now to see what's what with the latest set.
Quote:Originally posted by Mu$hr00m S@mb@
I would like to see them try to fit 30-sumthing remaining episodes on three DVDs. They should have kept on releasing the box sets in 25's and have a fifth box set with the remaining 12. Stupid! Very stupid.........

MAC put 36 eps. on 3 dvd's on there first Yu Yu set. You'd be surprised how good the quality is so it is possible.