Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My Shiny new car!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, this thread is not about which car is better...or that my car sucks or any other such thing.Tongue

I...we bought our first new car today!! It's a 2005 Toyota Corolla S in Silver!!! It's a nice car. Schultz drove it back, he likes it too! Only another couple of days until my wonderful 30 day vacation comes to an end! We are still in NH for those of you who were wondering, and for those of you who weren't, oh well.Smile

So, I have a new car and we are going to load it up and drive down to Louisiana within the next week!! Wish us luck!
aw. You should have imported the Honda Integra. I think the Honda Badging and Left Hand Drive would have driven the import sub compact car nuts wild. YOu could have gotten a pretty penny for that.
I'm glad that both of you enjoy your new car. That's the most important part of car ownership... being happy with your decision.

It sounds like the pair of you have been enjoying your vacation together. May you keep your car shiny side up in all your travels.
I envy you....Wink I wish I had a new car. Oh well enjoy your vacation and your new car!
congrats!!, but i was kinda hoping to see a pic of the car :confused: you shoul put one up
You mean that it is brand new... That is a change after 3 years of buying used cars a new one seams that much nicer. And Schultz likes it too... Man making the pickest of people happy is a chore good job KA-TA.

And Schultz you are picky... over some things not most but some
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
You mean that it is brand new... That is a change after 3 years of buying used cars a new one seams that much nicer. And Schultz likes it too... Man making the pickest of people happy is a chore good job KA-TA.

And Schultz you are picky... over some things not most but some

What you talking about Morg? hehe i wanted a new car for her to drive around. You need a reliable car so you don't have to worry about your family breaking down. Now on the other hand i will probably pick myself up a old POS just to get me around since that is all that i would need. But more then likely that will be a Toyota also. ;o)

But anyway. The car is really nice and drives very smooth. Though this is going to be a pretty long trip.. going to take about 40 hours to drive down to LA. Since we will be making a few stops to see friends and family here and there.
When we bought it, it had 31 miles on it!!!
Now, it's got over 100, oh well. We are about to put a whole lot of miles on it when we leave for Louisiana!!
This might sound stupid, but you don't want to set the cruise control and drive the same speed for a long distance with a new engine.

For the first 3000 miles or so, your engine block is still curing and hardening. If you drive at the same speed for long distances you'll end up having slightly distorted cylinders which will show as problems when you get over 100,000 miles on the car.
It's better to vary the speed you're driving by 5mph or so every 10 minutes on long road trips in a new car. By changing the rpm of the engine, you will minimize the effects on your engine block and give the car an even longer life.
This isn't usually a problem for most people because new cars are typically driven around a city or on short highway drives.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
This might sound stupid, but you don't want to set the cruise control and drive the same speed for a long distance with a new engine.

For the first 3000 miles or so, your engine block is still curing and hardening. If you drive at the same speed for long distances you'll end up having slightly distorted cylinders which will show as problems when you get over 100,000 miles on the car.
It's better to vary the speed you're driving by 5mph or so every 10 minutes on long road trips in a new car. By changing the rpm of the engine, you will minimize the effects on your engine block and give the car an even longer life.
This isn't usually a problem for most people because new cars are typically driven around a city or on short highway drives.

Yea actually Toyota recommends only 1000 miles driven like that.. which we just put over 1500 on it now.. and actually right now when driving you are always varing your speeds because people don't know how to drive and cut in front of you all the time.. But the highlight when we where going through Pennslevania we almost hit a baby black bear.. that wasn't very fun at all.
Well I'm glad that was an "almost" and not a "hit" or even worse "swerved to avoid and ended up on our roof".

I'd forgotten that the east coast is all traffic all the time these days. I'm used to driving through the mid-west where once you're away from a major city, the roads are pretty much wide open so it's easy to just turn on the cruise control and enjoy the scenery.

Keep us posted with your progress. and remember to keep it shiny side up.

Or does this post mean that you're at your new home deep in the South now?
That would be a negative! We are currently in SC, visiting friends. Today we do the long haul all the way to Shreveport, LA-13 hrs. So far so good, minus our Black Bear scare!! I've never even seen a bear in the wild, and this one dashes out in front of us!!

Thus continues the Schultz Family Road Trip!!
Quote:Now on the other hand i will probably pick myself up a old POS just to get me around since that is all that i would need. But more then likely that will be a Toyota also. ;o)

Yea Schultz I know you would have. But it just goes to show how having a family will change you. An di have to saw you maske me very proud to say you are a friend. Beacuse you always think of others before your self. Hey did you get the b-day gift I sent you or is it at your parents place...?
Okay, so my pretty car went from having 31 miles to having 3200 miles in a liitle over a week!!! :eek:
We are down in Louisiana now...man, people have no sence of urgency. They talk slow, cook slow, move slow...drive slow!!!! No offence meant if you are from the south, but geez!!!!
Ahhh, that's how I felt too when I first went to college in the midwest. But I ended up liking it. Time goes by way slower... but in a nice kind of way. Must suck if you're driving through since you wanna go fast!
Pages: 1 2