Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where do you rent your anime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you rent anime, where do you get it from?
Mostly Netflix. And sometimes from Starland or Pandora's Cube.
I'm guessing those last two are local shops. It's impossible to rent anime like that here, you couldn't get a single DVD. Anyone know of online renters other than Netflix, you don't hear much of that.
I usually use Netflix, if I'm going to rent.
friends,
trade from one another and also there is a small amout at hollywood video where i work on thursdays.

thats it mostly buy from here.

-LE
In my city there is marche clandesitne and sci fi anime, since both specialize in anime, the selection is very good, well maybe except for the newer Bandai titles
the local campus video rental place.
What do some of these local shops charge anyway? How long can you keep the movie?
Netflix. Want to watch some series first before deciding whether I like them enough to buy.
Other than that, I read reviews and buy.

The video stores I work at, depending on how many anime dvds you rent, for instance:
1-2 DVDs: 1 day ($1/$1.50 each dvd)
3-4 DVDs: 2 days (same price)
5-7 DVDs: 5 days (same price)
8-12 DVDs: 1 week (same price)

Unless you are late, otherwise you only need to pay once for the DVDs.
eg. 12 DVDS: $13-$18 for 1 week.

The 2 Blockbusters near my house, they have limited anime dvds.
Their charges are:
abt $4.30/dvd: 3 days.
Even if you rent 12 DVDs at a go, total is gonna be $51.60. Everything to be returned in 3 days. If not, another $51.60.
Hollywood Video:
Same thing as Blockbuster but for 5 days.
Starland charges $3 or $3.50 per title for 2 nights. But Tuesdays and Wednesdays are 2 for 1 days. So I get 2 titles for that $3 for 2 nights. I suually don't go there much anymore sicne I got Netflix.

Pandora's cube charges $3 per title per night. I try not going there unless I have to. They get new releases in fast and if Netflix doesn't have something and I haven't preordered it, then I have no other choice. They also rent out HK discs at that same price. So if I want to preview a series before I preorder it, I'll go rent the 1st HK disc for it.
Pandora's cube is a huge rip off. they over charge on everything that have. i really like star land though. i usually just buy the hk dvd's because it cost as much if not less then it dose to rent the dvd's.
$2.50 normally for 3 or 4 days. There are specials on every day except fri and sat. Sunday is the Anime for $1 a DVD day.
Somone can check my calculations, but I think if you use Netflix to its most efficient you can get $1.40 a DVD, or thereabouts.
I have problems with Netflix shipping. They look at rental history and decide how fast they want to check-in and ship the dvds.

Netflix is only good for the average subscribers, 3-5 dvds a week, not for those who watch fast and send back fast.

Netflix Pros and Cons
can someone fill me in on how netflix works?
Pages: 1 2