Import Anime Forums

Full Version: anime discount any good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just found this site called anime discount and read about some shipping problems,did anyone ever order from this site and had any problems?
Ummmm . . . why would you need them if you have import-anime.com?

Seriously, on a slight tangent here. To this day, it still surprises me that JJ allows people to talk about competitors sites on here. If I was him, I wouldn't allow it. But I guess he's so confident that his site is better, that he doesn't care. But I personally still think it's kinda rude to go onto one site and start posting about their competition on there.
It surprises me too, most places put blocks on threads that talk about other sites. I have to agree with Vicious that this is the best site for HK dvds. I think most people's problem is being impatient, they can't wait for JJ to get it in stock.
it was not my idea to advertise for another site,but i was informed that there where problems with that site so i was curious if anybody here knew something about it.i'm sorry if i offended anybody from this site,because in the past 3 month i made around 10 orders at i-a and will soon make another big order soi support i-a all the way
I believe in free speech heh Smile

I hate it when I get censored on forums when I say stuff, so I wouldnt want the same for others, its a fair question, and as you guys pointed out, why go anywhere else (unless I dont have the item) so if i dont have the item, I am not loosing the business anyways, but if I do have the item and person still choosing to buy from another site, thats their choice Smile

Aside from my prices, I always try to give the customers best service, shipping on time, replacements (try to be on time with these ~_~) etc etc
sennin, my comments weren't directly aimed at you, since you're only about the 500th person to ask about some other store on here.

But IMO, it's still rude to go on to one site and ask about their competition. Even though JJ allows it, I personally wouldn't do it.
I personaly agree that it's rude to talk about other sites that sell HK sets in this forum but I also believe in free speach and if JJ is okay with it then I guess it doen't hurt anybody.

It's no wonder anime discount has shipping problems, have you ever simulated a purchase? Their S&H value is impossibly low, particularly if it's an international order. I wanted to buy something this site didn't have at the moment but as soon as I saw the S&H value I decided not to.
Really, just keep buying here. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with the service JJ provides. The prices are excellent, all the sets I've ordered have arrived at my house 3/4 days after I ordered them, so far I've never had to pay customs, and the sets are always in a very good condition. There's no better site to buy HK sets than this one.
Whatever it is you want JJ has to be able to get it if it is still in print. Even though there are good stores in the U.S. they are far and inbetween. JJ is the best but just keep in mind not to talk about competition. If the store always boasts low shipping and the layout is simular to another stores layout they can't be too original or good.

I haven't heard anything about the site your asking of. I believe any store could have trouble delivering goods if they don't get regular buyers.
they do I still havnt gotten some stuff from december when alot of stuff was on sale LOL dam animediscount piss me off to
If anyone really wants info on HK stores, there's a thread at the arcticnightfall forums where they have feedback from the users on all the various stores they've dealt with.
shipping and well customer service suck.
took me a week to hear back about a problem, and also 1 month to get my money back. they are ok but make sure they dont fuck with you i ordered something then they siad it was out of print so they lied.

so if your buying something make sure its there !

i only buy soundtracks from them they are good cds.

-LE