Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone live in D.C. ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll probably be moving there in less than a year. How are the schools, jobs, and anything else there ?
I live in Alexandria VA, which is like 10 minutes from DC.

Job market sucks here. Especially if it's IT, since everyone is getting layed off.

Not sure what types of schools you're referring to. If it's the public school system, DC schools suck. Luckily I didn't go to DC schools. So you'd have to tell me specificlaly what county you're referring to as well.
Specifically somewhere like Georgetown since I either want to go to Georgetown University or some college around there.
I'm interested in possibly like the hotel industry or something possibly entry oriented since I don't have a degree right now.
What about the weather ? How is it ?
I just got back from a week long competition there, and it was rather nice, but the HUMIDITY drove me crazy. I absolutly hated it, and you're always sticky and sweating even when the temperature is always cool. I suppose after a while you can get used to it, but for weeks it'll be torture.

I like the metro system. Easy to figure out and easy to use (plus you meet interesting people there). Dunno about schools, but they have some good stores, including this one comic store who seems to be able to get all these US mangas way earlier then anyone else (SGT. Frog 3, Alice 19th 5...)

Rather nice city, but its a huge tourist spot so everything will be EXPENSIVE. Very very expensive.
Yeah. The humidity here does suck. It's always hot and muggy during the summer.

And you're right about the price of things here. Goods and stuff might be the same price as elsewhere, but houses, rent, and other things like that do make this area have a much higher cost of living than whereever in Arizona AO's gonna be coming from.
humidity here is really bad and the cost of living is fairly high and like Vicious i live in the Alexadnria area. but i do enjoy it here.