Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Con's ^^
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So me and Pristine have decided to go to a con here in a month.Big Grin It's Ikasucon in Cincinnati.

Ikasucon

This will both be our first con, so were kinda wondering what we should prepare and stuff like that.

So what kinda advice would you wonderful ppl give us? What is the lowest amount of money I should take? I'm kinda broke, so I need some sort of estimate.

Has anyone ever been to this con before? Is it worth driving 7 hours to go to? And the hotel the con is in is already sold out. Does anyone know of any good hotels that are cheap to stay in in that area?

And also were looking for someone else to tag along, and share expenses. So if anyones interested, please pm me or Pristine. ^^
I wouldn't drive 7 hours to go to some crappy con in Ohio. Actually, I wouldn't drive 7 hours to go to a con period. But if you are gonna drive that long, why not drive to Baltimore to go to Otakon? It's supposed to be the biggest con in the US. I went to it last year. And it's much better going to a huge con like that than going to one that has like 500 people if you want to be awed like in that 1st episode of 'Comic Party'.
Anyone even heard of, let alone going to Animenext? animenext.org

I am heading there this weekend.
there are supposed to be a shitload of VA's at Animenext. Look at the list.

ANIMENEXT 2004 - Secaucus, NJ {New York City} - June 18th-20th

Kelli Shayne Butler - VA - New York City
Richard Ian Cox - VA - Vancouver
Lauren Goodnight - VA - Houston
Wayne Grayson - VA - New York City
Trish Ledoux - Writer / Producer {Viz}
Kenneth Robert Marlo - VA - New York City
Matt K. Miller - VA - Los Angeles
Lisa Ortiz - VA / Writer - New York City * VA OF THE MONTH WINNER *
Mike Pollock - VA - New York City
Bill Rogers - VA - New York City
Michael Sinterniklaas - ADR Director / Writer {NYAV Post}
Moneca Stori - VA - Vancouver
Veronica Taylor - VA - New York City * VA OF THE MONTH WINNER *
Marc Thompson - VA - New York City
Tom Wayland - ADR Director / Producer / Writer {TripWire Productions}
David Williams - ADR Director / Producer {ADV Films / Industrial Smoke & Mirrors}
Toshifumi Yoshida - Producer / Translator {Viz}
Yes well Monice Rial will be there ^^, and that's suficient for me. We have plans to stalk her around the con, and pester her until she devulges Chris pattons address and phone #. ;D His aim is no longer enough. ;_; And this is our first one, so we don't want to go to far away.
You got his AIM? That's pretty cool. I didn't think most VA's would give that out to regular fans like us. You really must be stalking him. :p

Next time you talk to him, ask him if he has any info on Hilary. Like her AIM. Or at least tell him to tell her Vicious says hi. I think I'm famous around the ADV studios. Or in this case, it might be considered 'infamous'. Cool Even the new ADV VA's know about me and my pro-Hilary attitude. Big Grin
I got his aim from a website, and tried it on a whim and it turned out to be him. But Chris has these moodswings, and then...yeah, ya just can't talk to him. ;_; He's wierd like that, but if you read his LJ you'll understand what I mean O.O. But I love im still the same ^^ I'll try to get hilary infor for you. And If I can't get it from chris, I'll try pumping Monica for info ^^. I swear I better get to actually talk to her, cuz I won't be held liable for what I do to any stupid fan that get's in my way >)
Quote:Originally posted by SilverMuraki
I swear I better get to actually talk to her, cuz I won't be held liable for what I do to any stupid fan that get's in my way >)

You're one of 'those' huh? I'd never do that for anyone.

As for Chris' AIM name, I can probably figure out what site you got it from. It's strange. I've seen SN and websites for so many different VA's, but absolutely nothing on Hilary at all. That's why I don't think she uses a computer much at all.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
It's strange. I've seen SN and websites for so many different VA's, but absolutely nothing on Hilary at all. That's why I don't think she uses a computer much at all.

Well, maybe she's waiting for her greatest fan to make her oneSmile
I would if I was good enough to make her anything decent. I only took one semester of HTML in college. I forgot most of it already. I could relearn it easy enough, but it'd still only be the basics and the site wouldn't do her justice.
No, I'm not really like that. Knowing me I'll get up to Monica and freeze, and not know what to say. >< Yeah, I was going to make Chris a site but I ran into the same problem ( I can do limited HTML, then I start to lose my mind >>).
Ok, then I'm doing a post on the OU community to see if someone has info or wants to go from the anime club...cept that one guy who was just icky. And there's always that guy at my work ._.

I can't find any useful inforamtion and we don't need to worry about credit thing anymore. -yays-