Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Wing Gundam Zero Custom Perfect Grade 1/60th scale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i was just wondering if anyone had got the Wing Gundam Zero Custom Perfect Grade 1/60th scale, it looks so cool but it just a bit expensive, so i was just wondering if anyone has it and how good it actually is. Plus how hard it is.
For those who havent seen it below are two links where you can see it. Personally i like the scelaton pic looks soo good.Big Grin

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com/PGW-...mOOBR.html

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e...ight_e.asp
i collected all of the 1/100 endless waltz custom gundam figures and a few misc. 1/144 scale figures, but it got to be too much of an addiction and i had to stop it before it got out of hand. now i watch anime go figure.
I saw one in my local store for $160US. It the most expensive out off all the others gundam model. each of wing zero finger could be move!!!!
Hate to burst your bubble, cnanthavong, but the Wing Zero Custom is one of the cheapest Perfect Grades you can buy. $160 is way too expensive, as I do believe there are places that sell for MUCH cheaper. Even older models such as the Zeta Gundam sell for more. That means even newer models, such as the MK-II (Regular or Titans), and especially the GP-01FB Perfect Grade kits are way more expensive. The only thing that's somewhat impressive about the Wing Zero Custom PG kit is the wing construction, which are flexible plastic with wire spines. Other than that, you get an extremely SMALL PG model (since GW Gundams are midgets compared to UC Gundams) and one that's not very impressively designed on the inside, or inspiring on the outside.

Fahad, if you want a fantastic Wing Gundam model, I would highly recommend the recently released Master Grade (MG) Gundam Wing Ver. Ka, which was the re-design of the Gundam by Hajime Katoki. It's much cheaper, and it's quite beautiful once you're through panel-lining and painting it. I'm a happy owner of one myself, and even though it's smaller than my UC Master Grades (such as the Nu Gundam or Sazabi), it's still quite flashy, detailed, and eloquent looking, and much more mechanical looking that the cliched and BS angel wings found on the Custom version. This is the design that was actually made before the Custom design, before it was butchered for the Wing Endless Waltz OVAs.

I'm going to sleep right now, but if anyone wants to post links to pictures of this model, please be kind and do so. Otherwise, Fahad, do a search (don't forget to leave in the "ver. ka"), and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Fahad,

I'm not sure how much modelling experience you have. The Perfect Grade kits are NOT for the faint of heart. Here's a REVIEW of a few different kits. Note that in the review of the PG Zaku II he talks about spending 2.5 hours assembling just the head. This guy is an experienced kit builder and it took 2.5 hours for the head alone.

From what I've heard and read about building the PG kits, the detail is astonishing. If you like the design of the mecha that you're building, you will be very satisfied with the end result. Be prepared to spend a LONG time working on it to make sure you do a good job on all those little details.

As for US$160 being a bit expensive, I find that's pretty much in line with what you should find a PG kit for in a retail store. You can get them for a little bit less at some of the online stores but then you get dinged for shipping and you have to wait. Personally, I like to get together with a bunch of friends and order stuff from TOY EAST from time to time. They charge a flat rate of $30 for shipping and have enough cool toys at great prices that everybody finds something they want. $30 is a lot to pay for shipping on just one item though.
Actually I have this Kit.... Schultz got it for me like 2 years ago when he first hit Japan coast, it RETAILED in japanese hobby shop for about 110USD (when the US Dollar was strong)

anyhow, I still have the set sitting here, its too complicated to try to essemble without reading japanese instructions ~_~
Thanks everyone. Robojack is this the one you on about

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e...c=10036575

because it is really nice, might have to get it, nice and cheap too.
That's the one. Very highly recommended, even for non-Wing fans like myself.
I'm gonns buy a hell loada mecha kits when in japan, but the dodgy thing is that its sometimes cheaper when you buy ipoerted ones then in Japan????????

Go Figure??:confused: