Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anime Cels ?_?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are anime cels? I heard off of websites that they have some cels to sell. Can someone tell me what a cel is? I seriously don't know what they are.
Cels (or celluloid) are painting on transparent plastic sheet used to create an animation. Each cel is one "frame". They are filmed and then put behind one another to give the illusion of a continuous motion.
you get them free in most bandai titles now like WHR, Kaze No Yojinbo !!

they are like cels but more like copies !

-LE
Most modern animation doesn't actually use cels any more. Computers have made it much easier and more cost effective to produce animation these days.

It's fun to watch some of the old space series and notice when they didn't clean the cels very well before filming them. You can see a specs of dust or even small hairs moving through space with the ships if you look for them. I remember Starblazers being one of the worst offenders for that but you'd also see it sometimes in Macross and Voltron.
yeah i know new stuff is done on comps !
i love them the color is better and more solid and clear !

but the small cels that come in the new Bandai dvds is cool its like having a real cel! like i do .

-LE
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I remember Starblazers being one of the worst offenders for that but you'd also see it sometimes in Macross and Voltron.

True, man i remeber like a huge hair, damn cant find where abouts otherwise i would post a screenshot.

Tis FunnyBig Grin