Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Some people just think that you are that dumb!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was browsing Ebay the other day when I came across an auction on Ebay, I asked the seller whether these are bootlegs from Asia since the # of discs for each set do not correspond to the R1 sets. The seller listed them under R1s though...(hmmm should I give the URL?) I guess I was bored and had nothing to do that's why I asked that question. :p

Anime: 44 dvd lot - twelve kingdoms, trigun, kenshin
Item Specifics - DVDs
Region Code: Region 1: US, CA Rating: --
Genre: -- Display Format: Full Screen
Condition: New

All DVDs are completely new and sealed.
This set includes the following anime series:

Chobits complete set (3 dvds)
Argentosoma complete set (3 dvds)
Rurouni Kenshin complete set (12 dvds)
Cowboy Bebop complete set (3 dvds)
Crest of the Stars complete set (2 dvds)
Trigun complete set (3 dvds)
Haibane Renmei complete set (2 dvds)
Twelve Kingdoms vol. 1-3 (3 dvds)
Reign the Conqueror complete (2 dvds)
Gasaraki Box set (8 dvds) -------->only this is R1
Now and Then, Here and There complete set (3 dvds)
DVDS are all dubbed in english.

Starting Price: $445

This is what the seller replied: (copy and paste)

These are not bootlegs. These are Chinese imports. Bootlegs are on VCDs with bad picture, sound qualities and playing problems. These sets I am selling are legitimate imports from China. They are exactly like the ones you get from USA, just that these sets are more affordable since there are lesser discs but complete series. They even have extras included. You can buy them and compare.
I don't sell bootlegs. Again, these sets are legitimate sets. These are licensed sets from China. They have the copyrights to these sets. I am selling these sets at a huge discount because I have thousands of animes. I want to clear some space. These sets are worth at least 3X more than the price I am selling at.
Thank you for asking. Hope you will enjoy your win. You will not regret this purchase. This is much more valuable than the DVDs you get here. If you can, pass this savings to all your friends. They will thank you and be very greatful to you for sharing!!!

Dohz.......when I read her reply, I was like," You think I'm stupid or what?"
I just find it weird that how come some people could actually think that we could be that dumb to believe all the above replied....

HEHEHEH Hey guys! I'm passing the great savings to you. Please be grateful that I'm sharing :p Big Grin Wink
~.~ Wow..some ebay people are just plain ignorant. Yeah I actually saw this one, and had to pass on the great savings >>
I accuctually saw this one too.I passed as well and bought some Manga.Big Grin
None of you guys wrote back to the guy and was like 'Stop trying to rip us off by claiming that these bootlegs are R1's. Take the auction off otherwise I'll report you to Ebay just for trying to insult my intelligence.' Anyone that really wants to, feel free to copy and paste that and send it to him. Cool
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
I just find it weird that how come some people could actually think that we could be that dumb to believe all the above replied....

I don't find it that weird at all - some people can be easily fooled by anyone that speaks with 'authority' or 'knowledge'.

Obviously you were fully clued up, but I have no doubt that someone out there would be fully convinced with given explanation.

Still, it's a bit sneaky to list them under R1s.
well i know right away when i see 3 disc set it is an import set !

so if you think they are R1 from her description you have to be stupid !

-LE
Wow the nerve of some sellers:confused:

you gotta be a dumbass to fall for that crapRolleyes
what he said in his response was basicly the description you'd find on an anti-chinese import bootleg site; they mention VCDs & DVDs & state that they 95% of the time are bad rips with horrible video & audio, with rancid subtitles...Rolleyes
I'll be honest, i may have fallen for this one back in the day. Granted, i would never had bought it because i still can't spend that much at once. I actually thought that HK's were legitimate dvds. Had i emailed this guy and gotten that response though, i wouldn't trust someone that has to reiterate their point so much.
note: I found out the truth last year. I was 17 and was reborn in the anime light. Big Grin