Import Anime Forums

Full Version: is it legal to sell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just want to know from all you guys if it is really "legal" to sell HK anime dvd's especially the ripped R1's.
Thanks!
Hmmmmm . . . . How do I answer this?

ADV just sent out a cease and desist notice to stop selling HK's of their titles. You make your own conclusions.
Selling bootleg cds and making them is illegal so I would assume that with DVDs the legality issue is roughly the same is it not?

--Bad compy for not showing me new posts >>
Yet if it is illegal then howcome customs don't confiscate the HK dvd's I-A is getting? They shouldn't be able to pass customs if they are illegal right?
You guys ask too many questions. There are certain things you just take at face value and don't ask about.

It's like when you're a kid and you find out that people have to have sex to have kids. But you don't go up to your parents and ask them if they had sex to have you, right?
Quote:Originally posted by Davian
Yet if it is illegal then howcome customs don't confiscate the HK dvd's I-A is getting? They shouldn't be able to pass customs if they are illegal right?

It depends...some places don't have stuff confiscated as much. Like...there was a thread about people in places other than the US getting their stuff stopped by customs. But I've never had any sort of problems and I've gotten massive shipments before too. Okay yea, I dunno but I tried @_@
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
You guys ask too many questions. There are certain things you just take at face value and don't ask about.

It's like when you're a kid and you find out that people have to have sex to have kids. But you don't go up to your parents and ask them if they had sex to have you, right?

Humor us. You seem to have the answer to everything. Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Davian
Humor us. You seem to have the answer to everything. Wink

I do, but I don't feel right answering these types of question on here.

Join up at the arcticnightfall forums, and I'd be more willing to try and answer some of this stuff for you there since they are an HK site, but they don't actually sell HK's there.
Right, considers yourself stalked then. Tongue *goes to ask the question on arcticnightfall*
Kids come from sex? I've missed a lot.
Quote:Originally posted by takumi25
I just want to know from all you guys if it is really "legal" to sell HK anime dvd's especially the ripped R1's.
Thanks!

No, they are all unlicensed, therefore illegal. Customs doesn't give two shits about a lot of things. On top of that, Customs officials are not DVD gurus therefore I doubt they can really distinguish between real and bootlegged anime, especially the quality a lot of the HK DVDs exhude.
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Kids come from sex? I've missed a lot.

Yeah I thought women got pregnant from kissing. Is kissing sex? What have my parents done to me!!!???!!!??? They LIED!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THEM!!!! THEY LIED TO ME AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!! NO WONDER GIRLS LAUGH AT ME FOR NOT WANTING TO KISS THEM!!!! OH NO WHY DID MY PARENTS LIE TO ME????? THEY RUINED MY LIFE!!!!
Smile i was under the impression i was delivered by a stork.
me too!~
well if the FBI was part of customs we would not recieve these dvds cause they are like pirated dvds ! so hopefully in the future it wont happen ! (knock on wood)

only time will tell !

-LE
I just think the FBI should worry more about drugs than dvds, if the dvd industry dont like it they should make their own dvd anti piracy beauraeu(or however it's spelled)
Pages: 1 2