Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Japanese Anime Industry In Danger Of Fragmentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm? some interesting stuff there

I didn?t know about alot of stuff *especially* about Korea being into it

Quite useful info there check it out & give your take on this matter

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06...=98&tid=99

http://www.asahi.com/english/arts/TKY200406020134.html
=====================
The only thing I'm unsure of is that most anime companies use digital methods and sketches instead of cels now. So, is it cheaper to use a comp or make each cel and then sell the cels later to make back some money.

Than again, I think studios destroy a lot of the cels like A-1 so they can't be duplicated. So my guess is that digital is cheaper?

And I'm a bit shocked that animating doesn't pay all that well. I knew it wouldn't be a get-rich-quick sort of career but so much work goes into and...ah I dunno, I guess it's the same with my major...Education. Teachers do so much and get paid near nothing. Poor animator peoples. I feel ya, kinda.
How long did they think that the making of anime would stay a japanese only industry. Just like in America we have to rely on cheap labor to make houses that we sell for thousands. Plus loads of anime were painted by koreans. Yes check almost any anime you have and you might see DR MOVIE or Studio (something) in the credits most of the time these are korean painters/animators. But didn't you see most of these companies only have at max 30 people working. Also think of all the money US anime releasers pay for the rights to sell the anime in the U.S. There is so much money flying around for anime. Plus what is the likely hood of china/korea being the new anime storyline makers?
call me old school but if the industry keeps pumping out junk, like they had been doing in recent years, i won't be surprise that the industry will go down.
well looks like its all about the $$$$$$$$$££££££££££££

its all a business
watch Animation Runner Kuromi. Showing the disparity an animation production can have.

As for current anime, most of it is sketch work with the sketches painted (and inked too I think) on computer. As for the downfall, I think it's more of the downfall of the smaller painting houses that it's talking about. I don't think an anime is done in one specific studio, but rather outsourced to multiple painting studios by episode. it's not the end of anime, just the end of the Japanese painting the anime Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by kkun
call me old school but if the industry keeps pumping out junk, like they had been doing in recent years, i won't be surprise that the industry will go down.

I have to disagree. There's been a lot of great titles released in the last few years:

Peace Maker Kurogane
Gunslinger Girl
Fullmetal Alchemist
Cromarite High School
Gungrave
GANTZ
PlanetES
Chrono Crusade
Midori no Hibi
Samurai Champloo

- this list goes on and on. Or maybe you mean the anime industry are not doing the manga justice by pumping out bad renditions of the original story...