Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone Sold Any Anime Lately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've sold quite a few R1s for the last 3 weeks or so. I need to clear some room for new anime dvds and I'm kind of broke at the moment.

Some of the titles are:
Trigun Boxset
El Hazard Magnificent World Boxset
Dual Parallel Boxset
Devil Lady 1-6
Blue Submarine 1-4
Knight Hunters Boxset
Golden Boy 1-2
S-Cry-ed Boxset
Night on Galactic Railroad
Ys Book One + Two
Tenchi Muyo Mihoshi/Pretty Sammy Special
Rurouni Kenshin Vols 1-22

Heh......kind of regretted selling Dual Parallel, Kenshin and Devil Lady. Might just buy them again one of these days. No big deal to me anyway.

Anyone made any sales lately and why?
I think the only Reg 1 DVD I've sold lately is Sailor Moon S IV because the thinpack boxset is coming out. I have a hard time selling Reg 1 because it's hard to make a good profit on it so I'd rather just keep it and brood every now and then about how much I spent on it -le sigh-
I sold my MI GTO Perfect last month because I needed the cash.

I tend to sell a lot of HK stuff I know I'm not going to watch anymore (I've got the first R1 GTO boxset in case anyone thinks I'm mad), but I'm stuck with X TV and Onegai Teacher because I can't 'guarantee' they'll work and Hellsing because it's available in Europe and I don't want to get reprimanded by the company.

I don't sell as many R1s because I buy them after buying and enjoying the HKs, i.e. they're for keeps. Saying that, I did sell my R1 Excel Saga DVDs. (I bought an Xbox with the money I made.)
I generally keep those which I know I will rewatch them again and again.
Those which I sell, mostly I've at least rewatched them twice and I know that Nah.....I won't rewatch them again for years to come.
Only a few, I didn't even complete watching due to time.

As for HK stuffs, I sell/trade them most of the time privately since you 'risk' the danger of getting suspended/clamp down by the Vero rights members from Ebay. If I can't sell them, I normally send them to my friend in Vancouver, unless he has already watched them.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin

As for HK stuffs, I sell/trade them most of the time privately since you 'risk' the danger of getting suspended/clamp down by the Vero rights members from Ebay.

I'll admit I get slightly worried, but I usually check to see if anyone else is selling the same thing first. I haven't had my wrists slapped yet, but I'm hardly a high-profile seller.

I do feel a bit guilty when I make a profit from selling HKs.
Heheh at least you make profit. From all the sales on HKs and R1s, I never make any profits. Hahahhahahah I'm a sucky salesperson.
If it's a private sale, I take whatever the party offers, unless it's unreasonably low. For instance, I won't sell my Super Gals R1 for $50 when I spent more than $100. 50% loss? I'm not that dense or hardup.

I'm not a high profile seller either but I've been unlucky once. Once was with Princess Nine (MAC), I finished watching it, have the R1s so tried to sell it on Ebay. Hahaah got warning.....

Heheh..why would you feel guilty when you make money out of HKs? Ppl know they were HKs in the first place, unless, you didn't state the true facts abt region coding, # of discs etc.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Heheh at least you make profit. From all the sales on HKs and R1s, I never make any profits. Hahahhahahah I'm a sucky salesperson.
If it's a private sale, I take whatever the party offers, unless it's unreasonably low. For instance, I won't sell my Super Gals R1 for $50 when I spent more than $100. 50% loss? I'm not that dense or hardup.

I'm not a high profile seller either but I've been unlucky once. Once was with Princess Nine (MAC), I finished watching it, have the R1s so tried to sell it on Ebay. Hahaah got warning.....

Heheh..why would you feel guilty when you make money out of HKs? Ppl know they were HKs in the first place, unless, you didn't state the true facts abt region coding, # of discs etc.

I made around £104 (at the current exchange rate US$190.88) for my six Excel DVDs last year, which was a definite profit but I can't remember by how much. (I even took the risk of starting the bid at 99p.) I think there are more profitable markets in Europe - I just don't bother offering to US bidders.

I guess I feel guilty because I know what HKs are and that the winning bidder obviously knows something about anime, but not about places like IA. (I made a £10 profit with GTO.) I state that they are HK DVD versions; that they are region-free; and the number of discs included. It's a truth, but perhaps not the truth, if you know what I mean?
Hope to eventually sell two Gundam sets.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero

the winning bidder obviously knows something about anime, but not about places like IA.

Not so long ago I found a seller on ebay who was selling lists of HKshops like IA for $10 claiming it were really hard to find sites and that you could get dvd's for much lower than on ebay by using his list. Wonder if anyone was lazy enough to buy a list of websites.
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
Wonder if anyone was lazy enough to buy a list of websites.

There are ppl as lazy as that. I have a habit of looking at users', especially those who buy anime feedback, and click on the item links because I like to see whatever anime I'm missing out on.
I did see 1 user paying $5 for a list of anime wholesale list. Stated price as low as $7 per dvd, either with flat rate shipping/free shipping.
I bought Blue Sub #6 from some one i wont say who (Cough)(Japschin) !

thanks !
when did you ship them cause last time i got them next day !
didnt get them today i bought them on i think tuesday !

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

-LE
I realised that if i were to ship then on saturday, they will definitely reach them on Monday. However, if it's the regular weekdays, it takes as much as what USPS says, 2-3days. Dohz...dunno why and dunno how USPS ships them....
still havent gotten them !
last time i traded with you it was here next day !
im sad !

hopefully it will be here tomorrow !

-LE
You should have gotten it by today. However, heehehhe Post offices are all close for Reagan today. No mails, no nothing. So, tomorrow latest.
Got it today !
thanks!
and there was no mail and i got another pacake from airborne Express !
so there was some mail!

-LE