Import Anime Forums

Full Version: One Piece Picked up by 4Kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let the weeping commence.
The complete story is, according to animenewsnetwork.com , "One Piece" will be seen on 4Kids' "Fox Box" this fall. And, to satisfy adult One Piece fans, Funimation plans on releasing an uncut version of all 4Kids series on DVD -- not just One Piece, but Shaman King, Yu Gi Oh and all others, including the upcoming "Tokyo Mew Mew" (4Kids decided to abandon Americanising the series as "Hollywood Mew Mew" and just keep it in Tokyo).

But still -- as I commented on Arctic Nightfall -- you have GOT to be kidding me about 4Kids licensing One Piece, considering the violence that often appeared in the series. Also, I'm very intertested in how 4Kids is going to handle Sanji, who's never seen without a cigarette, which is all but taboo on children's TV in the states. (Perhaps by pulling a "Kojak" by turning Sanji's cigarette into a lollipop?)

I just hope you're right about Funi releasing the uncut version, because I imagine that they and 4Kids will be getting alot of hate mail from English-speaking One Piece fans.

Though of course, this is one more reason to stock up on the HKs before they become taboo here.
4Kids Suck

they ruined "Pokemon" for meWink
Gotta love the American way. :p I swear America sure knows how to kill anime.
I loved their version of Shaman King it was almost as great as the Pioneer version of DBZ.
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I loved their version of Shaman King it was almost as great as the Pioneer version of DBZ.

Did you forget a smilie at the end there to convey the sarcasm?
OK, this has nothing to do with the US showing One Piece on TV. But in Germany One Piece has been shown on TV as well (around 3pm), and they really did a lot of editing. Sometimes they had to edit so much that you couldn't follow the story anymore (but then forgot to edit "flashbacks" in later episodes). I tried to watch it, but then stuck with my HKs, even though they have crappy video and subs.
Well, this sucks. I really like One Piece, not only is it a good anime, its about pirates. Are pirates are freaking cool!
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Did you forget a smilie at the end there to convey the sarcasm?

Yeah I certaintly did.
Crap, even though i have little money, i'm buying the HK's now.
even if funimation makes an unedited version its going to suck. because funimation sux they completely changed the dialogue of dbz and yuyu hakusho ithought sucked for a long time cus i only saw it in english but till i saw it in japanese i liked it.
Well when its dubbed most anime's dialogue is changed a bit, but you have the option of putting it in Japanese with English subs. I just hope they put about 6-9 episodes a DVD instead of 3-4, that will take forever, but they did it with DBZ and if people are willing to buy it then they will probably do it again with One Piece.
Thank goodness the HK's of the first few seasons were R2 rips!

*waits patiently for the Sky Piea Arc HK release*