Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Does this bug you too?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does it bug any of you guys when people call anime japanimation insted of anime. My art teacher calls anime japanimation and every time hes says it I just want to yell "Its called anime, get it right!". It just pisses me off when people think they know what they are talking about and they have no idea. Just wondering if anyone else has ever come across this annoyence.
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-
It just pisses me off when people think they know what they are talking about and they have no idea.

Hahahaha. The sheer irony of that post.

It does piss me off, because I call it 'anime'.

But you yelling at them telling them it's called 'anime' and to get it right would only make you look stupid. It was originally referred to as 'japanimation' and over time got condensed to 'anime'. There's an article about it in the Nov 2003 issue of Newtype if you want to go and look it up.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Hahahaha. The sheer irony of that post.

It does piss me off, because I call it 'anime'.

But you yelling at them telling them it's called 'anime' and to get it right would only make you look stupid. It was originally referred to as 'japanimation' and over time got condensed to 'anime'. There's an article about it in the Nov 2003 issue of Newtype if you want to go and look it up.

I didnt say anything because I knew I would sound stupid. As for the irony, I know it used to be called japanimation, its just that its called anime now and I know that my teacher has never even seen an episode of any anime. I just annoys me and thats the point! :mad: Big Grin
It doesn't bother me at all, I called it Japanimation for 10+ years.
it bothers me
i hate those stupid people !
well i call it anime cause it is !

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

-LE
I've always called it Anime, but I have a few friends who call it by the other name. It doesn't really bother me all that much.
it's like telling someone who says voice actor "it's called seiyuu dammit!!!". Anime is a Japanese word, Japanimation is an American word. Simple as that.
"Anime" sound cooler then "Japanimation" imo.
I live in WASHINGTON and some ppl say WORSHINGTON. This really annoys me too. If it was pronounced WORSHINGTON, it would have a O and a R in it, not an A.:mad: Rolleyes
Ha, reminds me of the movie I saw last night. It was Super Troopers (super funny movie BTW) and there's a cartoon in there which was made in Afghanistan. They called it Afghanistanimation.

But the word japanimation or anime doesn't bother me for the reasons Vicious mentioned. It does when they call it manga movies which happens all the time in my country, especially on tv.
i dont mind ppl calling it japanimation, but what pisses me off is when ppl call it manga.
Quote:Originally posted by -spike-
I live in WASHINGTON and some ppl say WORSHINGTON. This really annoys me too. If it was pronounced WORSHINGTON, it would have a O and a R in it, not an A.:mad: Rolleyes

Thye don't do that here in Washington DC. However, they call Maryland - Murland. Rolleyes
It bugs me when people say manga instead of anime, but what really erks me is when someone calls any and every anime they see "Pokemon" or in some cases "Dragonball Z." If i were watching GTO, my little cousin would walk by and say, "Oh, you're watching Pokemon!" My aunt would walk by and say, "Oh, you're watchigng Dragonball Z." My mom and dad at least know that there is more than one.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Thye don't do that here in Washington DC. However, they call Maryland - Murland. Rolleyes

heh, yeah, murland, and noone who lives anywhere near Baltimore actually says Baltimore, its always Baldimore.

vicious, i see you live in alexandria. on my way back up from myrtle beach, my friend's car broke down in alexandria and we were stopped there for about 2 hours, right off 95. coincidence? yes. pointless statement? .....yes.

-Vile
My exit is right off of 95, Duke St. East, right after you pass Springfield if you're coming up from the South.
Pages: 1 2