Import Anime Forums

Full Version: whats good robot action?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well i want to buy some anime but i really like big robots smashing themselves to bits like getter robo and mazinkaiser. i was wondering if any one can tell me any good anime of robots i can buy here , i was thinking of gundam wing or g gundam. so...what do you guys think?:confused:
here are some :

-Argento Soma
-Rahxephon
-Escaflowne
-Full metal panic
-FLCL
- Nadesico
-Vandread
-Dual !

those are some i own !
good robot anime's or Mech anime !

-LE
Big O and Giant Robo both have some solid giant robot action.
Shin Getter Robot is another classic giant robot series worth watching.
All the Gundams have good MECHA (not robot) action

and so do

Rahxephon
Escaflowne
Full metal panic
Eva
Nadesico

etc..
Gundam isn't for robot action but more of robot fights that usually end in 1) someone blowing up or 2) someone losing a part of their mech. Everything that LE listed is the the stuff to go after.
everyone said gundam, well almost.

Patlabor.
i didnt cause there is only one gundam i like which doesnt have a set yet ! Gundam Seed ~

-LE
its gonna take a while till a perfect set of that comes out but there are other GSeed HKs out there
Godannar
There's alot of really cool old school stuff about which is available on HK DVD (mainly from Tomino):

Space Runaway Ideon
Aura Battler Dunbine
Metal Armour Dragonar
Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Also check out some other often over looked stuff like:

Hades Project Zeorymer
Orguss 02
Dangiaoh
Detontator Orgun (one of my favourite mech series ever)

I am a masive Gundam fan, so I think it's all good, but check out Z Gundam and V Gundam in particular as they have got really dark storylines and are really awesome (V is my favourite Gundam series). Big Grin
Geo Armor is great! Might be kinda hard to find though.
Ufo Robot Grendizer which was made by GonGai ( The man who made Mazinger Z + Mazinkiser ) .. really worth it .. It is the best anime ever ...

It wasn't released yet by a HK company .. you only can purchase it as Japanease DVD Set , or as a French + Arabic + Italian DVD set .. about the english version.. Only the first 20 episodes were dubbed which is a shame ...
Oh How could I have forgotten to plug Tekkaman Blade???? Everyone knows it's my fave mech/sci-fi/space show thing watchamacallit!
Sounds like you want the more old fashioned style of Mecha that are just there to do absurd attacks and smash each other up. Which, excluding really old series leaves you with the retro-mecha titles. THere are far too many REALLY old robot shows to list
I'd second Zagatto on Big O
How about Giant Robo? Still reasonably old but not old school old.
Quote:Originally posted by alheab
Ufo Robot Grendizer which was made by GonGai ( The man who made Mazinger Z + Mazinkiser ) .. really worth it .. It is the best anime ever ...

It wasn't released yet by a HK company .. you only can purchase it as Japanease DVD Set , or as a French + Arabic + Italian DVD set .. about the english version.. Only the first 20 episodes were dubbed which is a shame ...

it pretty cool , here are the first 3 episodes of grendizer in spanish if you wanna get them http://www.mundomazinger.com, and thanks to all of you who replied Big Grin
Pages: 1 2