Import Anime Forums

Full Version: noir fx set?? how bad is it??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i was thinking of buying the noir fx set while i checked the reviews as always i see that its got real bad ratings on the reviews almost as if the reviewers were lying about the quaity of the video on this set..

just how badly compressed is the noir FX set?? is it terrible or better then satellite?? or is ok??
if you check the screen shots, you'll see what they were talking about.
Okay, the current set in circulation is pretty good in quality. Probley arround a 4 out of 5 in quality. They are not perfect, as there is a bit of pixilation and a brief glimpse of macroblocking in a few scenes. Overall the video is vibrant, sharp, and great looking when in play, especially on a low def tv, where the sets flaws are hardly noticable.

The reason for the differance in reviews is that FX released two versions of the set. The unofficial "remastered" (they did not anounce it as being remastered, but it is) set is now in circulation.

If you look at the "screenshots" section of the review on this site, you will see where I posted screen caps of the "remastered" version in the exact same frame as the "first release" screens captured by Llark. The differance is very clear that the current release is much better.

Overall the set is not perfect, but is is pretty much on par with all other well-done HK perfect collections.

I think I will add these details to my review I posted.
the picture of the guy with glasses still looks awful.
I have a dvd with proscan and I had no probblem watch all 26 epsoides last weekend friday and saturday night. I didnt notice any probblems with it just some minor pixlation during action sequences but over all i couldnt tell its as good as gto and kenshin unless I got lucky and got a good set
Quote:the picture of the guy with glasses still looks awful.

Yeah, but the macroblocking only lasts one or two frames and flashes by so fast, the naked eye can barely catch it.
not necessarily true. When a movie will flash macroblocking, it's probably more anonying than a whole scene macroblocked for a prolonged time.
What exactly is macroblocking?
all digital video compression nowadays is typically made up of macroblocks, which are usually squares of pixels with widths and heights of a number divisible by 2 (unless the bitrate is high enough to allow for single pixles). When the bitrate gets too low, the codec will usually resort to making these blocks rather large, causing the image to turn into a mess of large blocks, instead of well-defined tiny blocks, or single pixles. This is a rather simplistic explanation as I'm no video codec designer. But to put it bluntly, macroblocking means the image looses resolution because of large blocks that appear in fast motion scenes.
my set is the remastered one and im very happy with it, though there is still alittle pixelation but nothing like the prior

and who really cares coz if you did you'd buy the damn R1 or R2's
the series it self sucks !
too slow and repeatitive... moves no where very slow !

i have the set if you want to trade !
lol

-LE
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile

lol

-LE

I just finished watching Noir a few days ago..the only reason why the show is repetitive is because they are on a journey looking for a clues..
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile

lol

-LE

finally someone who looked beyond the lipstick lesbians and saw it for what it was. However, Chloe was badass and the only reason to continue watching the show.
hahahahBig Grin

True true

Indeed, but looks like no one can check out Noir FX anymore coz of ADV's cease and decist

hence

mwahahahahahahaahahahahaha to all those who wanted that set
Quote:Originally posted by rav96
hahahahBig Grin

True true

Indeed, but looks like no one can check out Noir FX anymore coz of ADV's cease and decist

hence

mwahahahahahahaahahahahaha to all those who wanted that set

I just got it yesterday.

:p
Pages: 1 2