Import Anime Forums

Full Version: FX Tv Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has any of you ever received an fx dvd set with a tv rip. I never experienced it before, so Have any of you have?
I think anything that isn't listed as "Perfect Collection" will pretty much have TV rips whether they're from FX or Mac.
nope!
i hope i never get one either !

-LE
FX I believe always rips from DVD sources only. I think AC and MI do that. I don't understand why you would want a TV rip when you can wait forever for a DVD rip.
no i haven't yet
Quote:I don't understand why you would want a TV rip when you can wait forever for a DVD rip.

Maybe because some fans don't want to wait forever -- or go through the hassle of downloading or buying fansubs.
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
I don't understand why you would want a TV rip when you can wait forever for a DVD rip.
(in addition to above post) If you can get a TV rip then you can see if you like a series enough to buy (future) R1's of it. Then you won't have to wait forever Big Grin. This is another possibility.
Quote:Originally posted by Sheky
I think anything that isn't listed as "Perfect Collection" will pretty much have TV rips whether they're from FX or Mac.

that title doesn't necessarily mean that it's perfect. They used it with their Cowboy Bebop set that was ripped from the "perfect session" and just sorta stuck it on the end of all their sets (including the Trigun, Hellsing and Escaflowne sets with bad subs).
And here I thought that "Perfect" only meant that the DVD had both Dubs and Subs... shrug... shows how little I know... laugh..
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
that title doesn't necessarily mean that it's perfect. They used it with their Cowboy Bebop set that was ripped from the "perfect session" and just sorta stuck it on the end of all their sets (including the Trigun, Hellsing and Escaflowne sets with bad subs).

Are you sure? All the Perfect Collections I have from FX have been R1 rips. If you look at their rips that weren't from R1s, e.g .hack, they say Complete Collection while the new .hack R1 rip is call Perfect Collection.
Of course, even if it's been ripped from R1s doesn't mean that it's "perfect" -- the video may suffer if they cram alot of episodes onto one DVD; the subs may be of slightly less quality than the original; the audio may be out of sync; and of course, the extras may be few, substandard, and/or non-existant. Also, some "perfect" sets may actually be missing an episode or two.

To read for yourself, look for "Perfect Collection" in I-A's review section, and you'll find quite a few reviews saying that the "Perfect Collection" for a particular show is anything but "perfect".
Basically what rugrats said is right. All 'Perfect collection' means is that it is an R1 rip. But that doesn't mean that they (FX) couldn't have made some mistakes while they were copying it.
wrong again. The original FX Hellsing rip was R2 with subs that weren't good. Considering I haven't been keeping up to date with the rest of FX's itinerary, I can't dig up any other examples, however, FX typically stuck with ripping R1 DVDs since they weren't that good at making any other type of rip (for instance, cowboy bebop movie and some hentai movie).
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
wrong again. The original FX Hellsing rip was R2 with subs that weren't good.

Are you sure? I've never seen a FX 'Perfect Collection' that didn't have dubs on it. And Hellsing is one of their more recent releases. Also, none of the reviews I just looked up here mention anything about that for that particular set. I've never had a 'Perfect Collection' from them that wasn't an R1 rip and that didn't include a dub track on there.
alrite im confused with wut u guys are seying .... prob cuz its 5 am but all i understand is dat the FX dvds and a other magnufacture dvds are fucked up. some may have just dubs while others jus have subs. i bought the cowboy bebop and trigun perfect collection, i havent recieved it yet but i just dunt wanna get ripped off. i kno they are rips(obviously) but wut im saying is that i dunt want it to have any malfunctions such as no dubs or subs...? i dunno i lost all train of thoguht on my babble im goin to bed...but sum1 please help!
Pages: 1 2