Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Old HK Cases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has any of you ever received a AV boxset that had a dvd case (not a gatefold) as the case and a spindle thingie inside as the disk holders. I am fascinated in this. Can someone explain to to me a little more. I want to know if the spindle thingie is secure for the disks. Also if possible can someone scan me a pic of the inside? Smile
not sure i have!
new disc sets from Fx are diffrent already before they had a middle holder for the disc like most R1 2 disc sets and now there are diffrent ones with a holder on each side like the reg R1 sets ! so the middle part doesnt exsist ! the ones wit the middle sets that i think you are talkign about well they hld the cd its just hard to open it and i feel it might scratch the disc easier cause the back isnt really solid there are holes.

ill tak a pic of those if you want but i think you want something else ! i havent gotten any AV sets yet !

sorry !
hope it helps !

-LE
Can you take a pic of them. It would help me a whole bunch!
Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
Has any of you ever received a AV boxset that had a dvd case (not a gatefold) as the case and a spindle thingie inside as the disk holders. I am fascinated in this. Can someone explain to to me a little more. I want to know if the spindle thingie is secure for the disks. Also if possible can someone scan me a pic of the inside? Smile

Well I'm not going to scan it right now... lol.. but I do think I know what you are talking about... the hub holds more than one DVD and it locks/twists on to the end of the spindle... I have a set that has Saint Seiya Hades Chapter in it, and it holds about 6 DVD's. Haven't had a problem with it holding the DVD's in place, I wouldn't want to ship them that way because they would tend to rub against one another in shipping.
WHat is the packaging like, I mean the case, is it a standard dvd case?
yeah i got a few. the first rahaphon and tokyo pig sets i got did that. i really hate them. but i haven't gotten one in a while.
Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
WHat is the packaging like, I mean the case, is it a standard dvd case?

It is a deeper case than a standard DVD case... It looks like one of the cases that will hold 4 or 6 DVD's but without the tray insert that hold the DVD's in place. At first I wasn't crazy about it either because it could be very easy to lose the locking spindle hub nut... and it has to go on a certain way, but after adding all the other disks to complete that set, it is a good way of doing it since you can send that case out with the first disk of a series and then just add the disks as they come out, they could be shipped in white paper envelope sleeves instead of a case since you'd already have the case holder for it to go in.
sounds interesting not come across anything like that but ive only been into HK since the beginning of this year
My Tekkaman, The Space Knight by AV came in that different dvd case...IMO they are secure..AS used to have sets ship out that way (Initial D set)..