Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My girl does me proud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This past weekend I stayed home with my wife and daughter who were both ill through our entire long weekend. As a result, we ended up with our butts planted in front of the TV for many long hours.

We let our daughter pick out videos most of the time and I'm happy to say that her first choice was Totoro followed by Kiki's Delivery Service followed by Spirited Away. Then my wife picked out Inu Yasha and after the first episode of that our two year old daughter turned to us and said "more Yasha?" in that cute sort of two year old voice she has.

Now she's taken to saying "SIT BOY' and tugging on my leg until I sit down next to her. I'm not sure that this part is a good thing but it is entertaining.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto

Now she's taken to saying "SIT BOY' and tugging on my leg until it sit down next to her.

Hahahahaha. That's hilarious. It's probably even funnier in person. :p
Little kids love to imitate what they watch. I don't know but does she understand the comedy in Inuyasha?
That's so cute. I hjope when I have kids, if I ever do, that they're into anime, but according to one of my firends they said if I ever have kids they'll likely turn out the opposite of myself, which then again this came from a guy who also said he wanted to teach hs son to deal drugsRolleyes Sad :confused: ....
Big Grin The innocence of Youth
you can also do the japanese way, osuwari.
hahaha sounds like my cousin. 7AM during christmas break he walks into the room begging to watch some cartoonsBig Grin
wow that kicks ass ur wife and daughter both watch anime?
My two year old girl digs anime too. She is mostly into the opening themes of certain shows, like the Kenshin opening theme from the first arc, and especially the His & Her Circumstances opening. If she is awake when I am watching stuff she likes to just chill on my lap while I watch, but the only show she requests by name is Pokemon. I have a bunch of Pokemon tapes I got for $2 each at a discount grocery store and she goes nuts for them. Sure it isn't as cool as her digging Inuyasha, but I really haven't tried having her watch other stuff yet...

My wife is usually not into anime, but she did love 'X' and watched that whole series with me and as soon as I get my summer vacation started we will run Fruits Basket. Smile

I bet my kid would watch more stuff, but I just haven't really tried to show her more stuff, you know, no time...Sad
Perhaps you can take a short video of your daughter doing this and put ti up for us to DL. Wink
I wish I could get video of her doing anything these days.
As soon as I pull out the camera, that's all that she gets interested in seeing. Anything cute she may have been doing up till the introduction of the camera is forgotten as soon as she sees a lens.

I'm really happy that my daughter's favourite movies are all by either Pixar or Miyazaki. She also asks for Iron Giant from time to time (she calls it Robot Guy).

My wife wouldn't go out and buy anime but if you get her started on a series and she likes it, you'd better have the whole thing. She's really pissed at me about only having Inu Yasha up to episode 36 so far. Her all time favourite anime series is Fushigi Yuugi but she's also enjoyed Escaflowne, Photon, Cowboy Bebop, Fruits Basket, Love Hina (her second favourite she tells me), PataPata Airship, Kenshin, and Initial D (her third fave). She is also a fan of Miyazaki's movies with Totoro being her favourite (probably because it's the first anime I ever showed her). She's even gone so far as to have a tattoo of Totoro inked on her hip.

As far as anime viewing goes, my life is pretty good.
"SIT BOY'
lol
well alot of kids love to repeat stuff they see i know that from all of my little cousins watcbing anime and the time there parents let them watch austin powers they were all cussing ! thinking it was ok to say cause people laughed at in when it was said in the movie !

that was a fun day !

-LE
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I wish I could get video of her doing anything these days.
As soon as I pull out the camera, that's all that she gets interested in seeing. Anything cute she may have been doing up till the introduction of the camera is forgotten as soon as she sees a lens.

That's why you need to secretly tape her, so she doesn't know the camera is there. :eek: