Import Anime Forums

Full Version: MAC, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just wondered over to the AnimeGod website and checked out the new releases section, saw Trigun, Outlaw Star and Cowboy bebop just released, all with Sub & Dub and all 3 Disc sets, now I know for a fact that FX also has these three sets with the same specs, and so if this is true, could it be that MAC are also ripping off FX titles as well?
yup yup. MACs ripped FX titles Wink
Is there any reason to buy the MAC releases over the FX ones?
same quality cheaper price
That's always good. ^_^
w00t!

Wonder if the quality of the casing is as nice tho... knowing MAC, prolly not eheh...
i don't know if the mac titles have it, but the fx sets have the english dub and japanese original... this helps if you want to watch it with someone who is not big into anime [or reading]. i watch the cowboy bebop series with my g/f, and put the dub, and sub on.

oh, and i think the escaflowne set from fx has an extra space in the gatefold for the movie release, so then you can have it all in one sexy gatefold.
The MAC rips of Trigun Outlaw Star Bebop etc have english dub tracks aswell... they are exact rips of FX releases
Thank god. Bandai dubs rock. Pioneer has decent ones too.
I just hope that these AS rips do not discourage florachanxxx from producing any more dvds. :? I'm still wondering if I should invest in these AS rips.
I am highly amused by Khyron's last comment.
Quote:I just hope that these AS rips do not discourage florachanxxx from producing any more dvds. I'm still wondering if I should invest in these AS rips.
Has the HK DVD market discouraged Pioneer, Bandai, or any of the other R1 and R2 distributors from making DVDs?
Why start worrying about Florachanxxx now?
Great point. It doesn't seem to discourage Florachan. Take a look at the new Tenchi Muyo OAV set that is out now. ^_^
I think it will discourage Florachanxxx in the future. FX does not have the advantage that the big legitimate companies have. The big legitimate companies will always make money because their dvds are the ones that are widely available at the Targets and Walmarts, etc. Their dvds are usually of better quality which is a given and most people either dont like the concept of purchasing bootleg anime, never heard of hk dvds or figure that the dvds are always of crappy quality, which leaves a very small percentage who actually purchase HK dvds. Since the AS rips are the exact same quality and are at a cheaper price than FX, why would most people seriously purchase an FX set when they can get the less expensive alternative. I am confident that MI will be fine since they are constantly having new titles come out to make them money, but FX only has so few titles out, I wonder how long they will seriously last before they start losing money. Does anybody see my point? :?
Nope. Seriously though, think about it, they won't lose money at all. It really doesn't cost that much to make them, nor does it take much to sell them. They sell themselves. True the AS rips might be cheaper, but not that much and quality can be lost in the rip. Also MAC will need time to rip their sets. In that time FX can make considerable money from their releases. The big American companies should worry more. $180 for Cowboy Bebop DVDs or $35 for the entire series from FX. A lot of people who don't have the money for such luxuries, will rather buy some HK DVD sets. In all honesty I'd be more afraid of a big American company finally laying the copyright laws down on FX. It's the worst kind of copyright infringment. They are copying someone else's work and selling it for a profit. I think FX releases rock, however honestly how much is put into them, translate into chinese, or slap some english subs on them. Easier said than done, but FX doesn't do the dub for their rip releases nor do they do the english subtitles. They also do relatively little mastering, if any.
i'll tell you this, i think i will get the fx titles even though they are slightly more than the mac rips. it's just something i'm known for....like i think it has better quality even if [in reality] it doesn't. i am more than pleased with mt fx cowboy bebop set, and i like how they did it....so i will continue to support them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5