Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone watched this yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.samuraichamploo.com/

Just finished ep 1 on fansub and it's awesome! The animation is so smooth and it's directed by Watanabe, the guy that made Cowboy Bebop. I think more people got slayed in this one episode than a whole arc of Kenshin. :eek:
The animation reminds me a bit of the Kill Bill IG production!

thought ive not watched an ep just seen stills
Fuu looks like Faye.... just my two cents on from what it looks like.
Looks very cool Wink. I'd like to see it.
Overall it was a very strong first episode. The only thing that I would change would be the music. Nakai Kazuya came off great as Mugen. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
I was wondering what fan-subber people downloaded of this show? was it good?
i'm trying to pick one currently i've found

bakafish
AF-F
Aoi-Anime
Ani-kraze
aoi anime and ani kraze are the better in my experience
I hate the opening song, but otherwise, it seems like a decent series...if you're into Berserk or other violent series. Luckily I am.
I'd say go with Ani-Kraze, only because the AOI episode is 198 megs, meaning you can't fit 4 on a CD. Ilike having all my encoded anime at 175 megs a piece (which is what I encode them all at). I'll give it a gander and see what the hoopla is about.
Quote:Originally posted by Tim_H
I was wondering what fan-subber people downloaded of this show? was it good?
i'm trying to pick one currently i've found

bakafish
AF-F
Aoi-Anime
Ani-kraze

I like Aoi's despite the bigger size. I don't plan to burn it though so size is not really an issue for me. I heard AF-F is far smaller and the video and translation quality was on par with Aoi's so that might be a better way to go for some. Heh, I'm just going to get whoever comes out with the new episodes first Wink
I took a little gaze at it. I didn't like the "camera" work. That is, they make the "camera" shake and go in and out of focus, emulating the style of a TV news reporter on the scene. On top of that, the style is interesting, but the animation really isn't anything special. In fact, it seems a bit boring and simplistic. I also wasn't fond of the two guys taking on an army. It just lacks a little realism that you barely see a clanging sword but always see two guys slicing and dicing up a bunch of people. It actually just gets kinda boring. I'd rather watch a sword fight (a la Ninja Scroll).

The intro music blew. It's the hack version of rap, where the person is trying to sound like they're flowing, but at the same time ignoring meter, tempo, rhythm inconsistent pace and rhyming. Basically, it's a beat and some guy spewing crappy lyrics.
I watched it last and loved every second of it. i cant wait to see more.