Import Anime Forums

Full Version: One Piece Sets: Indecision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone want to help me decide which One Piece set (HKs) is the best to get? I know there are easier ways then bugging you guys on the forum, but I really don't feel like reading page after page of reviews just to figure such simple info out (there're 4 different sets just for the first collection)
I haven't seen the MI set, but the AV set is suitable, so I'd say go with that. The FX set is identical to the AV set, so don't worry too much over that.

Either way, you're going to get the slightly-bad subtitles, but not so bad that you'll miss everything. Just wrong names.
I am inexperienced, only ordered one set, but the FX RahXephon set was amazing. 0 Pixelation, 0 subtitle errors, it was simply stunning. When i walked in to HMV and saw one dvd for 30, and thought i paid 35 for the whole series, i was filled with joy.
For the first season (52 eps) the MI set is better (6 disc version), because of the slightly better subs. AFAIK after that MI started to rip the AV versions. I just received the MAC version of ep 110-128. As soon as I watched it, I'll post a review.
Quote:Originally posted by BeardFan
For the first season (52 eps) the MI set is better (6 disc version), because of the slightly better subs. AFAIK after that MI started to rip the AV versions. I just received the MAC version of ep 110-128. As soon as I watched it, I'll post a review.

For 1-52, is video quality in MI as good or better than AV?

From 53 onwards, how's the video quality of any set (I would assume MAC set is a rip of AV)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind because thee are reviews for the MI and AV sets. It seems MI has a better overall video quality.